Best left-throttle????

over sixfoot

Reaction score
i have one new in a bag will not fit my1994 formula stx 583(duel stage throttle)..will fit most doos with round slides..with single pin throttle assemblys...Leo..50.00 takes it

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had one on my 02 edge. I was warming up my sled at Corbin in the little field at the staging area. I jumped over the snow berm into the field and when I landed my handlebars slipped down in the mount. This pulled the lefty throttle cable to wide open throttle. I went ripping across that little field towards the trees while I quickly decided, should I bail? or can I get to the kill switch. The trees seemed to coming fast. It's amazing how hard it is to reach that little button sometimes. Luckily I managed to hit it.
When I got to use the lefty on the hills it was nice to have.
I did have an embarrassing moment when I reached for the lefty and grabbed the brake instead. I flipped right over the left handlebar and landed in front of sled on my back. My buddies were trying to figure out what the heck I did.

I personally won't use one again just because of the increased risk of something going wrong. I would suggest using a tether if you want a lefty just to reduce the risk somewhat. Since I have a rubber band around my kill switch I can't rely on it in a panic.

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
I bought my Goldfinger this summer. I haven't used the machine yet. It did come with a safety clip. It also has instructions on its use. Also a disclaimer. Supposed to leave in the clip untill you need it.
Steve

162 Wizzy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You hit it right on there Summit...........I also installed a gold finger on my sled Sunday and the clip is supposed to stay in until you are in the area that you need it. Not when you are loading it!

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought one for my summit 700 last year and when I sold the sled I kept the lefty. It has a lock out and I use it whenever im not in powder. I can do the unlock thing in seconds so its not a big thing. When we are off trail or in a nice area I just unlock my safety and giver. It does take some getting used to but after I got it off of my friends Apex I payed more attention. Now that I am somewhat able to function with it I now have a new sled. I will wait for a while to put on my new sled but it will be part of my riding. When your short in the legs you need all you can get to increase your leverage on the left side. Caution at first till it becomes second nature. Use it in the powder only.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Sledderglen is that you in your avitar. If it is where did you test drive last year

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its me but I have to wait for the sled to come. Somehow my vision of my sled appeared on the DOO site so I copied it. When my new sled comes I will try to get the same picture as that .So in the time between then and now I will use that one.

Marry Poppins Express

Reaction score
Well I must be one of those very few individuals who say let the lefty run. I installed the Goldfinger last year I picked it up at the Edmonton sled show last season for about $100.00, and I love it, the only problem I have had with it is that there was no thumb warmer. It is a nice trinket to have when used wisely. I instaslled it and never removed the safety lock untill I was in a nice meddow with no trees around. Then I started practicing carving with it to get a feel for it and ever since it has stayed on, great for sidehilling or if your right thumb goes nomb half way up the trail. I say go for it but be cautious. Like with every other mod what works for you might not work for anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom