Best intro mods for LTD 13 162?

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a 13, dealer is updating the clutch already, gearing and cover are on order, not interested in turbo/BB/ or anything requiring a programmer. TSS claims 20lb drop with their can, running boards stock look pretty crappy and even inserts look good for $200, any opinions and experience would be appreciated.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can, venting, and seal up all the holes and ride the snot out of it. You'll find with the short ltd cooler and painted tunnel that the running boards clean up pretty easy.

Sent from my iPhone using 2

thekrust

Reaction score
A can, that stock muffler is a pig. TEAM tied secondary, works well with the new gears, seal up holes as stated above and ride the crap out of it!

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A can, that stock muffler is a pig. TEAM tied secondary, works well with the new gears, seal up holes as stated above and ride the crap out of it!
When you guys say seal up the holes is this a problem for frog skins or actual sealant? Noob question but I'm coming off an M series so the new style small panel sleds are a new game to me, thanks for the info so far looks like what I've ordered is about right and once I can afford clutch mods I'll definitely look into more options I run a cpc helix and spring on my 11 and that alone made a big change

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The fitment of the plastics is shotty. There's gaps where it seals around the bulkhead, between side panels etc. Go through it with a light and you'll see. Also frog skin every spot you can get one for

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The fitment of the plastics is shotty. There's gaps where it seals around the bulkhead, between side panels etc. Go through it with a light and you'll see. Also frog skin every spot you can get one for
Hopefully I can find some adjustment, we did two xp's last year it's a pain but worth it, can't bring myself to put sealant on a new sled, you end up moving? Or going to be riding with timber and us this season?

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully I can find some adjustment, we did two xp's last year it's a pain but worth it, can't bring myself to put sealant on a new sled, you end up moving? Or going to be riding with timber and us this season?

I wasn't a fan of it either but the price of belts got me over that real quick. I'm still around and game to go whenever

Sent from my iPhone using 2

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your gonna do a can, do the divorced header as well. Really lets that monster breathe. Can will save a ton of weight but header will give you noticeable HP gain. That and a cold air intake, doesn't need to be anything fancy. The left side breather is blocked from the factory, cutting the plug out of the end is a good start.
EVO has larger intake elbow for the turbo, inexpensive and also let's it breathe easier. Next would be some better charge tubes. Stock ones are flimsy and will collapse and expand excessively.
After that only limit is your finances on what you can do.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your gonna do a can, do the divorced header as well. Really lets that monster breathe. Can will save a ton of weight but header will give you noticeable HP gain. That and a cold air intake, doesn't need to be anything fancy. The left side breather is blocked from the factory, cutting the plug out of the end is a good start.
EVO has larger intake elbow for the turbo, inexpensive and also let's it breathe easier. Next would be some better charge tubes. Stock ones are flimsy and will collapse and expand excessively.
After that only limit is your finances on what you can do.
this ones just the 2smoker but I helped my buddy do his 1100 last year and it was a beast dynoed around 260 with bolt ons flashpaq and av gas

Newgen

Reaction score
What are the options for for aftermarket intakes for the '14 800's??

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the options for for aftermarket intakes for the '14 800's??
X2 for me I'm looking at the bikeman bad azz budget kit, ordered an aftermarket bumper, mod rod board inserts, still undecided on can TSS claims 20lbs but nobody has any info on how loud it is and jaws is 16lbs and sounds good on my 11, black mountain addiction cans already in the basement, powder hound skis and a tether

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BDX makes a high flow airbox for the PC 800. Depending on your needs, you can choose between one with a headlight delete, or keep the headlight.
So far I have the proclimb bumper, speedwerx ceramic can, tether, slydogs, black mountain addiction cans, and I have modrods inserts on order, may go with the bmp budget kit and bdx intake later but for now I'm keeping it simple, thanks for all the input

Top Bottom