Best gloves you like

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With gloves I tend to stick with ski companies due to the fact they are made to keep yA warm for 30 min chair lift rides with no movement holding on to cold steel rails.

On that note probably the best pair i have ever had were McInleys (sp) they lasted me a good 4+ years and are still my back ups. Now I have a pair of dakine's one year with them and so far very happy
Never though about it this way. That is something I might have to try. Any tips on price and where you purchased them.

toyman2k

Reaction score
Website
www.heisertoyota.com
Anyplace to buy these Doo highmark cheaper? New technology for dryness looks sweet! Definitely
pricey! Wonder if my local dealer has them to try on. Super hard ordering gloves
without trying them on. These look like would be good in deep snow boondockin

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tobe caputo, just make sure to waterproof the leather.

The leather was completely soaked the one day from digging, and they were still dry on the inside.

Tobe is onto something.

I bought a set and found the same thing, leather was wet but my hands were dry. Very impressed with TOBE's products.

Dutchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can tell you the WORST gloves ever are Castle.

I bought a pair, got them wet and could never get them to dry, They trapped moisture inside, I think they have a plastic liner in them. It was like wearing 2 plastic bags!! LOL

They started to stink real bad and I had to throw them out after a couple of weekends... I should have returned them.

Last year I bought some 509 gloves, and was quite impressed.

My free ride gloves are my favourite now.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I can tell you the WORST gloves ever are Castle.

I bought a pair, got them wet and could never get them to dry, They trapped moisture inside, I think they have a plastic liner in them. It was like wearing 2 plastic bags!! LOL

They started to stink real bad and I had to throw them out after a couple of weekends... I should have returned them.

Last year I bought some 509 gloves, and was quite impressed.

My free ride gloves are my favourite now.
I thought the Motorfist WOT were the worst. Get em wet. Take em off. NEVER get them back on again. Biggest pieces of chit I ever got talked into wearing. Complete waste of $100ish.

Bought a pair of TAG this year as well as a pair of Ski-Doo Highmark's. Haven't gotten a chance to try the TAG yet, but the Highmark have been stellar.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am really liking the fxr attack lite gloves they are fairly thin mx style glove that still have inusulation

X2. you can get one with a gauntlet too. only pair of thin gloves i've ever seen with a guantlet attached. awesome gloves

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
true adventure gear. the only glove i have found i like

My favorites are my True Adventure Gear gloves!!

Are these the same gloves?

My True North Adventure have been great until our recent cold snap. Not worth crap for the ride up or down when she's -20C. Put on a generous coating of NikWax and they stay dry. Nice and thin for good grip but on a cold day they are cold!

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are these the same gloves?

My True North Adventure have been great until our recent cold snap. Not worth crap for the ride up or down when she's -20C. Put on a generous coating of NikWax and they stay dry. Nice and thin for good grip but on a cold day they are cold!

I think so Doug. yes the thin gloves can be a little cold for fast rips on the trail. The longer gloves I found to be a warmer glove. I have had mine for about five seasons and are still holding on strong.

True Adventure Gear - back packs, gloves, and outdoor equipment

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never though about it this way. That is something I might have to try. Any tips on price and where you purchased them.

Your on the right track here... This is why I love my hestra gloves. They are thin with good grip, waterproof and really warm. But they ain't cheap. These or any other really good pair of ski gloves will be 150-200 bucks

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score

Honestly I watch winners like a hawk. They will some days get really high end ski gear from goggles to gloves to even shovels and chit, always at incredible prices. They're "suggested" retail prices are usually very accurate and a good indication of what your getting. My McKinnleys (sp) were suggested at $149.99 and I got them for $40 I think. My dakine's I just picked up last season were suggested at $129 and I paid 39.99

toyman2k

Reaction score
Website
www.heisertoyota.com
Ok settled for first pair or TAG Storm X2's for my light pair. Almost clicked on the Tobe just half the price for these TAG's and lots love them! I will report back how they do as
I might buy the Powder X2 if I like these storms. SLED ON!!

toyman2k

Reaction score
Website
www.heisertoyota.com
QUICK UPDATE 9/1/2016 WAITING FOR SNOW!! The True Adventure Gear Storm X2's surely delivered what I wanted. waterproof and compfy and even ordered a M instead oF my normal L and they fit great and they are awesome for boondockin in deep pow. Went ahead and bought the Powder X2's as well and they work great for the ride IN/OUT or on super cold days.

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Close out sale on gloves.

$60 plus shipping. USD of course.

Mine are in the mail haha

Top Bottom