Best Fuel Injector Cleaner?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey All,

Just wondering what everyone runs thru their gas tanks to keep their injectors clean? I'm thinking with this big trip to McBride this week, its a great time to run some cleaner through the tank. Who makes the best one? Which do you use? Which have you found works best?

Thanks!

TG

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've used a few over the years. I've tried Canadian tire, Wal-mart, and others. Canadian Tire has a good one, it's red in color and comes in a bottle that you press and cause the fuild to go into a bowl and its good for about 5 doses. BUT the one I've tried thats the BEST I've ever tried is SEAFOAM. One can is good for about 2 or 3 doses or you can add it to a full tank for a really good clean. You can get it most automotive stores. 2ND BEST would be LUCAS FUEL TREATMENT. A bottle of it does about 5 treatments. It works good too !!There are lots of info on both on the internet tell the pros and cons. Just my 2 cents.

sledneck48

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my opinion STP is the best injector cleaner.
When i first got my truck it had a real bad bog on the bottom end. Ran a couple of tanks through with STP and it cleared it right up

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best injector cleaner by far is SEAFOAM. Its available at your local Bumper to Bumper.

jaredvh

Reaction score
I've heard good things about the Lucas stuff as well... Also, I heard that RedLine is pretty good.

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually by the 2 pack of STP octane boost from crappy tire for 8 bucks. It is really handy if I cant get premuim for my sled or tow vehicle and it cleans the injectors. Never had a problem with it and its nice to have a bottle around that can help me out with most fuel issues.

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have used the stuff from UFA and it seems to work well. Better than the Canadian Tire Motormaster brand. I will check the shelf at home and get the exact name. The stuff looks like cough syrup. I am going to try SEAFOM one day to compare. I have heard good things about SEAFOAM. :d

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey tg.... Shoulda called me............... Seafoam and lucas are two of the best. The commercial wynn's cleaner is probably the best, but can only get through authorized outlets. Napa also has a product called tech 5000 that is very good......:)

Top Bottom