best cold air vent kit for clutch 08 xp

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any venting is better than no venting.

I use a combination of Gill Vents (available from Altitude Performance in Calgary) and the JC Vents. I have broken a Gill vent from a tree limb catching it and ripping a section out.

HOME

Many people like the vents from JC Customs. I have a few small vents from him. They are pretty good quality. I like the snow filter screen he uses.

JC's Custom Vents

You can always go the cheep route and check ebay, used to be a few people on there selling some.

Here are a few more that I have looked at in the past.

Xtreme Snowmobile Air Vents - Home

Biggest thing is getting air in and out, but keeping snow out. Having no pre-filter screen on the clutch side could let snow in.

There are many more options out there.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out XXX Mod Rods...They have a 5 peice kit for about $80.00. Easy to install and very durable.

campstove

Reaction score
I have the rm lighting kit on my 08, seems to work good, just a little fiddling around cutting out panels and riveting on kit.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out XXX Mod Rods...They have a 5 peice kit for about $80.00. Easy to install and very durable.

I looked at a bunch and for price XXX Mod Rods was on the top of the list. Super quick shipping and awesome to deal with.

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put on the xtreme vents last season. I haven't had time to remove the tree magnet from my sled yet and these vents held up awesome.

drop the hammer

Reaction score
i tried several vent kits on my sleds over the years and i had some durability issues with some of the mesh on them. however, the JC vents i used have been really good durability wise and fit and finish is great.

their website is in the above posts. I went with smaller vents infront of primary and by my shin/foot and higher above the clutches as the slide panel of my sled gets alot of wear from laying it over on its side so much (doing the power turns and side turns coming down hill). This way i get some flow through the clutch area, yet the sides are still stock. I must say though the key to removing that clutch heat is to make sure they are aligned properly and properly clutch the sled for your riding, that'll deal with most of the heat.

I got nearly 2000Km on my first belt on my last sled and 1200 km on my first belt on my current ride, it's still on there.

drop the hammer

Reaction score
Forgot to mention that i checked out the gill vents and I really like the look of them. Haven't tried them yet...next sled i'll probably give them a shot. Anyone try them? how are they for laying over on it's side?

oodiks

Reaction score
If your interested in the Gill Vent..very durable, clutch side has screen behind gill, have sold many with no complaints..

We will shortly be having an inventory liquidation and will be moving these gill vent kits at $90.00 plus hst if interested.

Motor Tech
Golden, B.C.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two years on my gill vents and no problems at all. Tons of sidehilling, rubbing trees, and rolling down the hill.
$90 is a pretty sweet price.

Duct tape Doo

Reaction score
I went with the XXXMOD vents from the Edmonton show, Best price, Best fit and finish

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
xxx modrod cowl vent with skinz protective side panels and the 5 piece frogskins on the front nothin but air biatch....

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good thread,,,,,,,,,I spent most of my shopping time at the sled show looking for vents and came home with none,couldnt decide,checked Menztoys and xxxmodrods as well as Two Kool Vents(we bit pricey) will look at the jc and others and hope to find a good deal on something I like.M8 is stock so thinking I may just go with two dash vents and the large centre hood one,have had no heating issues so far and Im having a hard time with cutting out the clutch side(integrity) as much as everyone says this is something that should be done.Keep the info comming!
catmando!

Top Bottom