Best bag for 13-14 pro rmk

14prormk

Reaction score
Hi everyone new to the forum I snow checked a 14 800 pro rmk. I am looking at putting some extra storage on it have been looking at the ogio Polaris tunnel bag and the sled solutions back country 2. Trying to figure out which one is best. Is the burandt bag to big and get in the way when you are throwing your leg over the tunnel. Anyone using these bags i also looked at the powder keg combo but seems pretty high. Also are you guys taking extra gas with you. The dealer said I don't need extra fuel like my M8 sno pro did. Thanks for any help

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also have a 2014 pro on order and got the standard Polaris shovel and probe bag even thought I carry my shovel and probe on my back. I had the same bag on my 2010 dragon and it work great for me. My buddy with his 2013 pro has a handle bar bag with the tunnel bag and loves it.

minnow10

Reaction score
I think it all depends on you and your riding style and the day you are riding, Day of trail riding with family and friends usually packs more lunch and drinks, Me and friends riding, (ditch banging or mountains) is a couple bottles of water and a snack (small lunch) , in the mountains i always carry a fuel tank up , because you never know what the day will bring and running out of fuel sucks and a small 2.5 gal jug does not really effect the sled ,exspecially in the spring when the days are long and the snow is good. Last weekend in Valmount 2-2013 rmk pro's and a 2013 cat we burnt every ounce of fuel we had because the new snow was great and the days were long. I carry the RMK fuel rack , under seat bag and a backpack. I ordred a 2014 pro and am thinking of the sled solutions BC 2 as a little bigger bag but still out of the way is a nice feature and the fuel rack still sits over the tunnel/running board braces.

Just my 2 cents, which my wife says does not mean much!

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy has the Burandt bag and it's fairly low pro. He doesn't have any issues with it getting in the way. It's a nice bag. I use the Mountain Addiction system. The bag isn't the prettiest thing out there but the ease of the system is amazing. Gives you lots of options to carry a small bag, big bag, big gas can, 2 small gas cans, a small bag and small can. I also use the under seat bag and bar bag for random stuff.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here's a pic of DragonDiva on her 13 Pro, with a burandt bag. It goes on and off it seconds, lot's of room, can also be a back pack, water proof. AND...... the zippers aren't junk when the snow and ice start building up. I have a Polaris tunnel bag on my dragon (2nd pic), it works good. Not water proof, but the zippers are a pain in the ass once they get cold and snowy.

Attachments

• 221732_10151321323791498_1723294868_n.jpg
    221732_10151321323791498_1723294868_n.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 333
  • 221611_10151321323276498_980672643_n.jpg
    221611_10151321323276498_980672643_n.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 326

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The burandt seems pretty big to me. I saw it at the dealer, and there and was sort of taken aback at its size, and it seemed a little flimsy. I needed a quick solution, so I bought the standard polaris shovel bag. It's not terrible, I can fit a fair bit of stuff in there (Jetboil, fuel canister, bottles of water, shovel, probe and a couple other things. I'm not sure if you could fit the Polaris fuel rack and the burandt bag on a 163, but it would definately not fit on a 155.

In hindsight, I wish I would have spent the cash on a mountain addiction setup....a buddy has one on his M8, and it looks really slick.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The burandt seems pretty big to me. I saw it at the dealer, and there and was sort of taken aback at its size, and it seemed a little flimsy. I needed a quick solution, so I bought the standard polaris shovel bag. It's not terrible, I can fit a fair bit of stuff in there (Jetboil, fuel canister, bottles of water, shovel, probe and a couple other things. I'm not sure if you could fit the Polaris fuel rack and the burandt bag on a 163, but it would definately not fit on a 155.

In hindsight, I wish I would have spent the cash on a mountain addiction setup....a buddy has one on his M8, and it looks really slick.

I have a Polaris fuel rack and a Burandt bag on my 155... Works fine :)

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran the polaris shovel bag most of this season and it works well for what it is. I recently switched to the powder keg as i needed the larger storage.

still have the Polaris tunnel shovel bag if anyone is looking as well as a tunnel fuel rack if anyone is looking all in good shape and hardware included

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a powder keg. Only carry the fuel keg on long trails to the riding area then drop it off. I went back to bags last year, hates how all my stuff got soaked! Powder kegs going on my 2014, it holds alot but i dont put heavy stuff in it, always dry.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Polaris fuel rack and a Burandt bag on my 155... Works fine :)

Maybe my eyes aren't that great for measuring after all. I was comparing to how the shovel bag and fuel rack fit pretty snugly beside each other on mine. That's cool that it works!

bradb

Reaction score
I have the sled solutions under seat bag. It's great bag,lots of storage and a really good quality product.

lorne1176

Reaction score
does the sled solutions BC bag keep things dry ??

Yes it does, had one on my 12' Pro until I went to a 13' seat, it would still work just hangs past 4" further then the bag for the 13'. With that said its for sale if anyone's interested.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe my eyes aren't that great for measuring after all. I was comparing to how the shovel bag and fuel rack fit pretty snugly beside each other on mine. That's cool that it works!

Yeah, boys tend to overestimate length sometimes :cool: Its cool.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
My Boy & I both using the L&R Burandt bag... Nice low profile with huge storage space. Very fast to remove on the hill & at the days end. Also quickly makes into a back pack.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

they made a smaller version for 2014

its called the flyer and its $50 less

14prormk

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies I think I'm going to go with the sled solutions bc 2 under the seat and a powder keg fuel keg. Should keep everything clean looking

Assaulter13

Reaction score
I have the Burandt bag on my sled and I like it. I have a shovel inside of it - and still room for drinks and lunch and tools and just about everything else you might need. The profile of the bag is not so high that it interferes with throwing your leg over - the seat profile on the Pro's and Assaults is high already and the bag is way below the seat even when you are fully packed up for a day out. As someone else said - it can be removed from the tunnel in seconds to wear on your back - wearing all my gear on my back is just too heavy - I like the Burandt tunnel bag.

Top Bottom