Best Alberta BRP dealer for snowchecking

trailblazer

Reaction score
I know there's plenty of good dealers out there,but who set's up their sleds the best for optimum performance and mountain riding,and gives great customer service,when they say they can get to it ,they do.Has plenty of in stock parts and does mods well?If were to snowcheck a new Summit,where should i go?I don't mind paying a little more shop rate for good,reliable service.A dealer who'll take the time to show you all the parts that need regular maintence,and not just the throttle and brake.Some things' have happened to you ppl out there that with a heads-up,could have been avoided,really want to avoid them.Anyway,i have a couple in mind but looking for an experienced opinion.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think from what I've heard and seen that Trackside would be right up there, But I'm sure that's one on your mind. Forget the Tbros.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I know there's plenty of good dealers out there,but who set's up their sleds the best for optimum performance and mountain riding,and gives great customer service,when they say they can get to it ,they do.Has plenty of in stock parts and does mods well?If were to snowcheck a new Summit,where should i go?I don't mind paying a little more shop rate for good,reliable service.A dealer who'll take the time to show you all the parts that need regular maintence,and not just the throttle and brake.Some things' have happened to you ppl out there that with a heads-up,could have been avoided,really want to avoid them.Anyway,i have a couple in mind but looking for an experienced opinion.

A little bit of a drive for you but the "best little shop on the prairies" is Mr. R's in Lethbridge. Small town flavour with great friendly staff. I drive the two and a half hours from BC and have bought two sleds from them. I'm a totally happy camper; even with the problems of the 08XPX. Phone or email for information, they bus out parts and accessories, and have great prices.

I miss the old oiled floor that they had in beautiful, downtown Milo! They have big picture windows now and the place is city bright!

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have dealt with a couple, then I have been loyal to A&E out of Brooks also, BUT lately I have really been considering Bow Cycle in Calgary, as the sales rep there is great to talk to. He goes by steeltown on here I believe. Talk to him, & i am sure he will hook you up, in which you will not be disappointed. They are all riders, and just don't blow smoke up your a$$. I will definitely consider them next.

pirate31red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have had wicked luck with riderz in edson good service go the extra mile and know all the ins and outs of the mods both owners are avid riders

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought mine in Wetaskiwin and they were excellent, have had most parts in stock and were willing to take a shock off a showroom model to get me going for a weekend, When I took it in for the 10hr service they charged me an hr shop time for it, where Bow cycle charged a friend 432.00 for the same thing and he had his primary clutch blow up the weekend that he picked it up from them

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I bought mine in Wetaskiwin and they were excellent, have had most parts in stock and were willing to take a shock off a showroom model to get me going for a weekend, When I took it in for the 10hr service they charged me an hr shop time for it, where Bow cycle charged a friend 432.00 for the same thing and he had his primary clutch blow up the weekend that he picked it up from them

Why is it you feel the need to put stuff like that up.... The name of the thread is "Best Alberta BRP dealer for snowchecking" Not "Trash on a dealership for a mishap and try and make them look dumb" Your missing some info too.... 430 dollars is not a 10 hour inspection..... And what does any of that have to do with a primary clutch blowing up?

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is it you feel the need to put stuff like that up.... The name of the thread is "Best Alberta BRP dealer for snowchecking" Not "Trash on a dealership for a mishap and try and make them look dumb" Your missing some info too.... 430 dollars is not a 10 hour inspection..... And what does any of that have to do with a primary clutch blowing up?

"I know there's plenty of good dealers out there,but who set's up their sleds the best for optimum performance and mountain riding,and gives great customer service,when they say they can get to it ,they do.Has plenty of in stock parts and does mods well?If were to snowcheck a new Summit,where should i go?I don't mind paying a little more shop rate for good,reliable service.A dealer who'll take the time to show you all the parts that need regular maintence,and not just the throttle and brake.Some things' have happened to you ppl out there that with a heads-up,could have been avoided,really want to avoid them.Anyway,i have a couple in mind but looking for an experienced opinion."

Buddy read what the guy is asking for, not only where to snowcheck but for parts and service also, some dealers are great at selling stuff but parts and service are horrible, and others are great all round dealerships. When I was looking for mine I had one salesman up north tell me that they would sell me one but perfered not to as I probably wouldn't get it serviced there and that they make alot of their business off service and parts from the equipment that they sell. If I was a little closer to the that dealer I would of bought there as I don't mind a couple hour drive to get good service.

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a&e are you joking everbody knows what kind of loosers they are , they are the reason i went back to cat,o yea there 860 kit sucks 3km seizes solid new xp they will only cover parts ... what a joke thelocals around brooks wont even shop there , ya there somethin else .......:p

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
"I know there's plenty of good dealers out there,but who set's up their sleds the best for optimum performance and mountain riding,and gives great customer service,when they say they can get to it ,they do.Has plenty of in stock parts and does mods well?If were to snowcheck a new Summit,where should i go?I don't mind paying a little more shop rate for good,reliable service.A dealer who'll take the time to show you all the parts that need regular maintence,and not just the throttle and brake.Some things' have happened to you ppl out there that with a heads-up,could have been avoided,really want to avoid them.Anyway,i have a couple in mind but looking for an experienced opinion."

Buddy read what the guy is asking for, not only where to snowcheck but for parts and service also, some dealers are great at selling stuff but parts and service are horrible, and others are great all round dealerships. When I was looking for mine I had one salesman up north tell me that they would sell me one but perfered not to as I probably wouldn't get it serviced there and that they make alot of their business off service and parts from the equipment that they sell. If I was a little closer to the that dealer I would of bought there as I don't mind a couple hour drive to get good service.

"Buddy" Read what im saying. How many dealerships pull apart a clutch for a 10 hour inspection.. I dont even think they are supposed to. But clearly becuase that one guy has a problem means that dealership is crap? People can make up their own minds. What if that particual dealership had some really good service guys... or a really good salesman that likes to look after people? becuase one dealership gave you a deal on your 10 hour.... and your friend bought a sled from a different one and his clutch blew up it means that they are a bad dealer??? Someone.... Anyone list a dealer in here that has a 100% PERRFECT track record...... Every sled they have sold has not had any problems whatsoever.......

trailblazer

Reaction score
I didn't really want to start a thread that would start ripping dealers.should've known..I appreciate what your saying when you tell me the probs. with dealers,but my point was really,what dealer really knows mountain riding,setting up the sled right off the bat and for sure customer service.if someone gave you crappy service,sorry for your luck,but let's try to stick to topic.thanks for the heads up,but there's plenty more positive feedback for one dissappointed customer.some dealers specialize in trail,flatland and mountain riding,that's sorta' what i'm after.the question,in hindsight,is probably redundent because most of the dealers i've spoken to seem to be great people,and with the exception of one,seem to really try to satisfy.Sometimes our attitude play's a huge role being satisfied or not.
"preciate the feedback though,keep 'em comin'!

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I didn't really want to start a thread that would start ripping dealers.should've known..I appreciate what your saying when you tell me the probs. with dealers,but my point was really,what dealer really knows mountain riding,setting up the sled right off the bat and for sure customer service.if someone gave you crappy service,sorry for your luck,but let's try to stick to topic.thanks for the heads up,but there's plenty more positive feedback for one dissappointed customer.some dealers specialize in trail,flatland and mountain riding,that's sorta' what i'm after.the question,in hindsight,is probably redundent because most of the dealers i've spoken to seem to be great people,and with the exception of one,seem to really try to satisfy.Sometimes our attitude play's a huge role being satisfied or not.
"preciate the feedback though,keep 'em comin'!
Thats the way to do it man... If people are going to sit here and tell horror stories about the sleds they have gotten from dealerships this would wind up being the longest thread in history.. What people should be looking for is Positive feedback about a place... in particualr a salesman/service guy so you can get yourself off to a good start with a place. People shouldnt be on here trying to scare someone away from a place becuase they have had bad luck or someone they know has had bad luck. The palce could be perfect for the next guy! There are "lemon" cars... Same applies with everything else... Including sleds.. has no bearing on how a dealership values a customer or what they know about tuning a sled to a ceritan style of riding.. which is what you asked!

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drive the 15 minutes east and go see Trackside. They may not be the best "hot rod" shop but they won't stick it in your tail pipe either. Just a good solid dealership, decent stock and as good a price on OEM parts as you will find in Ab.

Top Bottom