Best air intake for Duramax?

MiledOut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a good idea of what an intake will do. BTW S&B seem to be the ticket these days.

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
I've got the airaids on 2 of my 6.7 rams and I'm very pleased with them. They are built really well, and the filters have a 6" inlet and have a very nice venturi built on it. Banks is junk IMO I had a set up on my 06 5.9 and it was junk the scoop is a crock just stuffs the air box full of chit. S/B are ok but I don't like the fact that you have to pull the covers off to clean the filter.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I've got the airaids on 2 of my 6.7 rams and I'm very pleased with them. They are built really well, and the filters have a 6" inlet and have a very nice venturi built on it. Banks is junk IMO I had a set up on my 06 5.9 and it was junk the scoop is a crock just stuffs the air box full of chit. S/B are ok but I don't like the fact that you have to pull the covers off to clean the filter.
Just a heads up... Banks tends to build more and spend alot more time and money on R&D for Duramax engines. Doesn't surprise me that they fall short on anything but Duramax.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He's right though. The banks do drive alot of junk up into the airbox. They work great on pavement princessess and the track though.
The lid on the s&b does a good job of keeping the water that comes in around the front of the hood from getting to the filter, but they are a bit of a pia.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom