Best Aggressive skis for M8?

jeremy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what aftermarket skis people have tried on their M Series sleds? What works and what doesn't?

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran the stockers for 40 miles and they were ok. I put simmons flex skis on and they hand amazing side hilling is unreal easy. I was going to try the powder hounds but the dealership couldnt get them in.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a set of orange simmons skis Im taking off and there for sale(400 kilometres of powder riding)I have powderhounds and I prefer them!Simmons ski really reduce the darting on the M8 as well but Im not on hardpack enough to justify keeping them!
Let me know if these interest you!
catmando!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Simmons on my M7 and they work pretty good. Tried them on my M1000 and they were downright dangerous. Tried SLP powder pros on both and love them. So the SLP's stayed on the M1000. They get my vote for #1 on an M sled.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SLP Powder Pro's. Nice ski that does everything well. Keeps the front end of the big sled afloat well, can always do the rear ski mod if needed.

I have ridden various sleds in various setups with Simmons, and they aren't a bad ski, tough in the more set up snow. For the comparison, if you are seriously looking at the Simmons, then contact Curtis at Tracks Canada and get some MODs skis IMO. All I will say is buy 2 sets of plastic because they are great skis but they only are produced in limited amounts (last I knew) and so when you want to replace the bottoms they might be on backorder. Last set I picked up for a guy were backordered 3-4 months.

Top Bottom