Best Aftermarket Can for 2006 Ski Doo Summit 600SDI

Snow Bunny

Reaction score
I purchased a used 2006 Ski Doo Summit 600 SDI last year as my first sled. It has done me well last year but I noticed that when riding in the mountains with big elevation changes my engine light would come on. It would continue to drive fine. The dude that sold it to me said somtimes the O2 sensor would glitch in the mountains. Is this what this is? Anyways I've decided to buy an aftermarket can hoping this would clear the issue along with other perks. What is my best option for a can from those of you that know much more than me. Any input is welcome. Thanks.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how do you like the ride/power etc of the 600. looking at getting one for the wife.
as for the can mbrp always seems to have the best product/price ratio imo.

Snow Bunny

Reaction score
how do you like the ride/power etc of the 600. looking at getting one for the wife.

For my experience level which is not very much, I just started sledding last year, I find the 600 provides me with all the power I need right now. I'm even still a little afraid to use its whole potential. I've seen what it is capable of (the fiance took it for a climb last year) so I know it has the potential. I was able to keep up with my fellow mountain male riders. I just need to learn to keep more of a constant and faster speed to get the skis out of the powder so I stop getting stuck. The ride is quite comfortable, and I'm still learning its pressure points and such but it seems to respond well to the input I give it. I have no complaints at all, only great riding.
Thank you for the can input, so far i've heard nothing but good things about the mbrp can. Hopefully I can find one for my sled.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think that one of the best cans as far as performance and sound and quality of the product on the market are the jaws cans. I get them in ceramic coated so that it doesn't radiat near as much heat into the engine compartment. I have had/seen lots of issues with the mbrp's cracking and also melting plastic's on the xp's.

Snow Bunny

Reaction score
i think that one of the best cans as far as performance and sound and quality of the product on the market are the jaws cans. I get them in ceramic coated so that it doesn't radiat near as much heat into the engine compartment. I have had/seen lots of issues with the mbrp's cracking and also melting plastic's on the xp's.

Ah ha the first bad thing i've heard, thank you for your input. would like to get a good idea of the market that's out there before any decisions are made. do you know of any places in alberta, closer to edmonton that would sell them.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know that specialty sleds sells jaws and dynoport(which is another decent can). Or we are always able to send one to you in the mail not a problem. We actually ship lots of parts to people in AB.

Snow Bunny

Reaction score
I know that specialty sleds sells jaws and dynoport(which is another decent can). Or we are always able to send one to you in the mail not a problem. We actually ship lots of parts to people in AB.

I will definitely keep all this in mind and consider it as an option, thank you. I have a friend who knows someone at specialty so I'll give him a ring and see what he has to say.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mbrp for a rev [ mabe a thing can with the cooker hole ] from the sled shed in revy [ hes test them all at elevation [ his can compared to the others ] have a few freinds that say yes and have heard of some that say no...... all others loose power at elevation [ i had a 04 600ho and tryed them all.... the loudest was a buck lake light weight [ also lost the most power ] ....

Snow Bunny

Reaction score

I also asked the fiance what he thought of the climbing power and it he said it could use a little more power to get out of a bad situation in a climb or if there isn't a big run out at the bottom to get up some speed, not like his 800, much better for climbing, but i'm not a big climber myself, depends what your wife likes to do I guess. Hope that helps.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also asked the fiance what he thought of the climbing power and it he said it could use a little more power to get out of a bad situation in a climb or if there isn't a big run out at the bottom to get up some speed, not like his 800, much better for climbing, but i'm not a big climber myself, depends what your wife likes to do I guess. Hope that helps.
not to worried about the climbing power as she is so terrified of avys the only way either of us would ever get to the big hills would be if i drugged her stuffed her in a sack and rode to the top of the mountain before letting her out. biggest hills we will probably ever see will be swan hills or edson areas. but thanks for the feedback

p.s. anybody got a sack i can borrow?

Top Bottom