Bent Tunnel

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When these sleds were new, and all the cool cats were riding them, what did they do about bent tunnels? I'm not having much luck online finding a replacement, and I can't find used, factory is discontinued...

What was the angle the tunnel kicked up at? I'd be willing to try bending this one back, then plating the outside with some aluminum, then re-riveting all the suspension and whatnot through the plate, and old tunnel to regain the structure...

Attachments

• IMG_6794.jpg
    IMG_6794.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_8749.jpg
    IMG_8749.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 194

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
find some one local that has one and take a template of the angle or there are other aftermarket ones you can buy

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions on aftermarket ones? I didn't find much online.

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kijiji! Fu*k yea! started looking in ads that had anything to do with Summits, and found tacked onto the end of one ad, "Also have 2005 159 skid, make me an offer" yay! My sledding season isn't ruined!!!!! Gonna be a metric shart-ton of work, but at least i'll be riding again in a few weeks!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kijiji! Fu*k yea! started looking in ads that had anything to do with Summits, and found tacked onto the end of one ad, "Also have 2005 159 skid, make me an offer" yay! My sledding season isn't ruined!!!!! Gonna be a metric shart-ton of work, but at least i'll be riding again in a few weeks!

skid is referring to the rear suspension not the tunnel, but i guess you may have damaged that also. me i would aquire the tunnel first, in case there is a difference in fit

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably going to do new boards when I do the tunnel swap...anything else I should do while I have the entire sled strewn about my garage?

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
polish your new tunnel and other parts... powder coat a arms... powder coat other parts.... lots to do when you have something apart

Top Bottom