Bent primary clutch bolt

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know this is not in the right section, but I'm looking for some advice. Was taking my wife's 2009 550f Backcountry Freestyle clutch apart yesterday I noticed that the bolt holding it in was wabbly. When I rolled in on the edge of a table it was quite noticeably bent. I ordered a new one. Would that not make the clutch out of balance? I have noticed a vibration but was looking more at the track and idler wheels. Anyone ever encounter this?

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never seen a bent one before but I would grab another ones. I wouldn't want to be trying to get a bent broken one out. Ever have the clutch off before? Trying to figure out how it got bent in the first place

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No never had it off. Bought it with 280 miles on is from the US in 2011. Only has 700 miles now so I thought I would look at clutch. Never seen a clutch like this before. I was told if you over tighten the bolt it will bend. So the previous owner must have done it at some point when he owned it. New bolt arrived today so I will try it out.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you torque torque and re torque. It will come loose. I check mine several times after it's been off. When you first put it on fire up on a stand and run up to 30-40 Kms and slam brakes repeat 3-4 times. Then again until it doesn't move when u check it.

Top Bottom