Belts and warranty

crzycowboy02

Reaction score
If i got 2 yrs cat warranty and bought extended 2 yr warranty tht mean i have 5 yrs warranty on my 1100t??

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Umm are you high? How can you have 5000 miles on a sled that has only been out for like 6 months and where around Allen creek cabin were you able to hit 89.4 mph?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be checkin wells!

Maybe this guy is our maxwell! He only gets 4000km a year, this guy gets 8000! Lol.

But with nearly 90mph track speed I'm going to guess its running one of those cans with that fan contraption in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CatRyder88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe this guy is our maxwell! He only gets 4000km a year, this guy gets 8000! Lol.

But with nearly 90mph track speed I'm going to guess its running one of those cans with that fan contraption in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the track speed isnt what I'm questioning. But 5000 miles already and on ONE belt? Lol

What is this belt made of? Must be some high tech stuff. Maybe NASA designed it for him...

But on the other hand maybe he just accidentally put one extra zero lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be checkin wells!

cmcwelding

Reaction score
Umm are you high? How can you have 5000 miles on a sled that has only been out for like 6 months and where around Allen creek cabin were you able to hit 89.4 mph?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be checkin wells!
Easy on the north west side ! I was doing Richard petty Jeff Gordon NASCAR loop !!!!

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the belt and the 3rd year warranty letter a few days ago. Kind of a sweet deal. Ride the sled for two years, then sell it with a full year warranty still on it for the next owner. A full year of warranty isn't easy for guys to find when they are shopping for a used sled. :beer:

4mcntrls

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 sleds, 2 belts and letters showed up on Friday. When I was installing the new belt I found one sled missing a secondary roller. Fix it up and off to Revy on Thursday!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Mine showed up on the weekend while I was gone snowmobiling :thumbup:

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guy with 5000 miles has been hauling it around Canada in his trailer and yes he will hit 10000 miles if he doesn't ride his sled. His truck will have issues before his sled does.

lcoop

Reaction score
I'm not really sure I would call it stepping up.... Step up and fix the problem cat! My so called free year of Warrenty has cost me over $1000 in belts! Now the new "band aid belt" is $220! I'll gladly give the extra year Warrenty back for a sled that didn't eat belts and have clutches that are nuclear hot.

Rant over

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes i see your point there, i would as well

I'm not really sure I would call it stepping up.... Step up and fix the problem cat! My so called free year of Warrenty has cost me over $1000 in belts! Now the new "band aid belt" is $220! I'll gladly give the extra year Warrenty back for a sled that didn't eat belts and have clutches that are nuclear hot.

Rant over

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Rant over

Bad things happen when your forced to release something new for your 50th anniversary and your not ready.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bad things happen when your forced to release something new for your 50th anniversary and your not ready.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
Truer words have not been spoken. With ANY first year build, there is bound to be some issues. Doo had some problems in 08 with the XP, Cat is having issues in 2012, Polaris has had issues in the past as well. What most do not realize is that the prototypes are hand built, and by the time the machine reaches production the pieces that make up the sled are outsourced to many vendors for manufacturing. Worker pride and attention to detail is almost non-existant in today's world - it seems most employees are simply putting in time for a cheque - and the unions will protect their sorry a$$es while they manufacture / assemble prodect that is not correct. Same thing can be said for some pre delivery inspections that are performed out there... It is unfortunate that the end user (consumer) is the guinea pig for durability testing

WaBackcountry

Reaction score
Truer words have not been spoken. With ANY first year build, there is bound to be some issues. Doo had some problems in 08 with the XP, Cat is having issues in 2012, Polaris has had issues in the past as well. What most do not realize is that the prototypes are hand built, and by the time the machine reaches production the pieces that make up the sled are outsourced to many vendors for manufacturing. Worker pride and attention to detail is almost non-existant in today's world - it seems most employees are simply putting in time for a cheque - and the unions will protect their sorry a$$es while they manufacture / assemble prodect that is not correct. Same thing can be said for some pre delivery inspections that are performed out there... It is unfortunate that the end user (consumer) is the guinea pig for durability testing

If that is an excuse...it is a terrible one.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom