belt problems!

WATDAFOOK

Reaction score
They broke because the helix wasn't installed properly....(i really want to start swearing here!!!)...Some dumb you know what didn't install it right!!
God i wish you lived closer!!!!

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im about to install a new helix and rock rollers, what do i need to look out for to install it right ? is it making sure that the diamond drive symbols are lined up on the sheaves

WATDAFOOK

Reaction score
That,and make sure not to over or under torque those little torx head screws...Mark everything as you take it apart and you will be fine...(i wish i could remember the torque spec for those little screws..sorry)

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya they took the blame for it and replaced the rollers and gave me a free belt so i do hope that was the issue, ill find out next ride.

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering if the engine is moving when you are torquing on it, check maybe the motor mounts and the adjuster good luck

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That,and make sure not to over or under torque those little torx head screws...Mark everything as you take it apart and you will be fine...(i wish i could remember the torque spec for those little screws..sorry)

for the 07 M1000 it is 5.5 ft-lb or 0.75 kg-m
or 1.3558 N-m

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
im about to install a new helix and rock rollers, what do i need to look out for to install it right ? is it making sure that the diamond drive symbols are lined up on the sheaves

Use lots of heat to get those those little torx screws out.It will make life alot easyer.or im sure you will break them off.:beer::beer::beer:

Top Bottom