Belt Light ?

ridgerunner

Reaction score
:confused:? Is there someone who can help me reset my belt indcator light on a 08 Kawi brute force 750?

ditch1000

Reaction score
:confused:? Is there someone who can help me reset my belt indcator light on a 08 Kawi brute force 750?
You've tripped the belt sensor. You have to pull off the clutch cover and reset the switch inside to the on position (i believe). You then take the seat off and take the little red relay switch with the grey plugs located next to the wrench kit, unplug you blet sensor located on top of the clutch cover and plug the relays into both ends of your belt sensor. You then turn your key on and the belt light will flash quickly for 5 or 10 seconds and then blink slowy again after. The process is then complete. You can then unplug the relay and plug the belt sensor back in and put the clutch cover back on.
Make sure before you put the cover back on that you turn the key back on after you plug the belt sensor back in to ensure it is reset. If it has not, I may have told you the wrong position for the switch inside the cover(I can't quite remember which way).
Also, check why the sensor tripped; or you may be doing it again. It happened 3x on my 06 750, the problem was a stretched belt. I installed a new belt and took a dremel and ground off the lever on that POS. Problem solved permanently!!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the post,they are way too sensitive and I gave up on mine.I was told you could fix it permanantly and now I know how.
Thanks again
catmando!

Top Bottom