Behind every great women there is a great man....

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread is a tribute to all of our men who support us in everything we do in life.

My hubby and best friend is Cale. I can't even find the words to describe how much he means to me. Like he said in the '25 random things' thread, we balance each other out. He is such a sweet and kind person who loves life. We have been together for 7 1/2 years and I can't imagine my life without him!! I think we spend too much time together as we tend to finish each others sentences and thoughts... LOL

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 66
  • GetAttachment2.jpg
    GetAttachment2.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 63
  • Cale and I.jpg
    Cale and I.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 62
  • April 25 sledding 016.jpg
    April 25 sledding 016.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 789

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread is a tribute to all of our men who support us in everything we do in life.

My hubby and best friend is Cale. I can't even find the words to describe how much he means to me. Like he said in the '25 random things' thread, we balance each other out. He is such a sweet and kind person who loves life. We have been together for 7 1/2 years and I can't imagine my life without him!! I think we spend too much time together as we tend to finish each others sentences and thoughts... LOL

**** WARM FUZZY****

My own "Mr. Tall, Dark & Handsome" has been my number one fan for 9 years now and I'm not sure I did have a life before him. From day one, he was my best friend and he is moreso a part of me than ever. He is truly my #1 fan... and believes in me when even I don't believe in myself. He loves me when I don't love myself.

I can't describe how he is just always there for me. There is nothing, absolutely nothing that he has not and would not do for me... And me, stubborn, stupid, independant old me... I know I take his constant support and fan-base for granted, and wish he didn't smother me quite so much. This has been such a hard lesson for me and he just waits patiently with his amused smile while I continue to perfect it...We've been through some pretty sad things, and my husband has always been my rock and made me feel like I had someone to weather the storms with.

When I took off to Romania on a Medical Mission, he never batted an eye at my latest crazy foray and calmly took time off to look after our girls. Every day I would wake up to find a new email about their adventures while I was gone- never any words to make me regret going or anything that could possibly make me miss them while I was living my dreams. It still blows me away.

When I took up hockey, it was him on the sidelines cheering me on-- (even when he should have been laughing hysterically.)

Drove the truck into our gate and nearly ran over myself in the process, (DONT ASK!), and then proceeded to get unbelievably stuck in our own driveway. By the time he got to me, I was cold and frozen and crying like a total girl. He just took me in his arms and said, "Whatcha crying about you big baby?" And we both laughed.

We play together, we work together, we laugh together. He is my partner in every way. Everything that I am not, he is for me.

CARIBOU LOVE FOREVER, JER BEAR... ;)

Attachments

• n663715251_3133759_1446[1].jpg
    n663715251_3133759_1446[1].jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 63

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope you guys realize how lucky "or smart" you are to find your life loves and best friends. I married someone i didnt love out of a sence of responsibilty or something. Needless to say iam in the middle of a brutal divorce, Iam sorry but it makes me envious to see how happy people can be

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope you guys realize how lucky "or smart" you are to find your life loves and best friends. I married someone i didnt love out of a sence of responsibilty or something. Needless to say iam in the middle of a brutal divorce, Iam sorry but it makes me envious to see how happy people can be

I am sad to hear you are going through such a tough time- you seem like such a salt-of-the-earth, sensible and friendly person. I know that it is patronizing to say that the "right one will come along" and "you will be as happy as we are someday", so I won't tell you that...

I will say that there was a time 10 years ago, before my 'Jer-bear' that I allowed people into my life and made compromises that I would never think of today. I dated men who were 'bad-azz' and ended up in a bad situation that was entirely a result of the way that I allowed myself to be treated. I didnt know how to be alone. I was always book smart, never street smart and I got a whopper of an education when I ended up in the middle of Alberta, 800kms from my family with a baby on my hip... It was the best thing that ever happened to me.

I honestly believe that had I not been through this tough time, I would not have been ready to meet someone like Jer and to enter a relationship as a whole, non-compromising Momma! I would have passed him off as another "NICE GUY" because I was too immature. Turns out, he lived in this god-forsaken Alberta town and I passed him every day on my way to work. Things truly do happen for a reason.

I guess what I am saying is that sometimes it takes a little fire to polish the stone. So be patient with yourself and maybe when all has cooled down, you will find yourself in a better space and a better place. And maybe, just maybe, you will be better equipped to get exactly what you want from this old life.

In the meantime, there are always good friends, good family, good beer, sledding and of course, crazy-advice-slinging red-heads on Snow and Mud!! :beer:

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I got a good woman too they are hard too find easy going, go wth the boys when I want to but you have to know when to stay home as well. Cheers to all the good women out there:beer:

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks.. seems like you are quickly becoming everybody's mom on here

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well although Boyd and I have been through a lot together, through thick and thin, good times and bad, we always hung on. We always told eachother and ourselves .." no matter what.. what we have is worth fighting for".. and we did. There was times when I wasn't sure if Boyd was the one but now I am certain of it. I honestly cant imagine life without him, he has supported me in so many ways and has always been there for me. I like to think I have been there for him in a lot of ways too. People always told us that most people that meet and hook up on construction sites never last...well we showed them!! Boyd still works with all the guys that kept harrasing him 5 years ago.. "hey you pussy did you get that cute little scaffolder chicks phone # yet?" lol now there asking him "why havent you married her yet???!!" LOL. Boyd and I have a wonderful life together, we travel, we ski/snowboard and we dirtbike together. Better yet, we basically have all the same hopes, dreams and goals for the future. We know what we want in life and I'm so thankful that we are both on the same page with everything!. You wouldnt think that would be the case with a couple with a bit of an age gap. He isn't in any rush for kids & marriage and neither am I.. we just want to live life to the absolute fullest! :)

Attachments

• boyd&tcomp.jpg
    boyd&tcomp.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 609
  • Lac La Biche & Randoms 021.jpg
    Lac La Biche & Randoms 021.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 57

Crazed

Reaction score
Sometimes the one you think is your knight
in shining armour turns out to be
an a**hole in tin foil

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for some of us that is very true, but you don't know unless you try. we are never in control of what other say or do we hope that when he says he loves you & wants only you he means it, but sometimes that is not the case. for other to have a man that loves you unconditionally there is no greater joy... to have there support & love is priceless.

Crazed

Reaction score
for some of us that is very true, but you don't know unless you try. we are never in control of what other say or do we hope that when he says he loves you & wants only you he means it, but sometimes that is not the case. for other to have a man that loves you unconditionally there is no greater joy... to have there support & love is priceless.

I agree with u 100% You never realize what u have until its gone. So when its there cherish and value every minute of it. You cant buy love or replace it!!

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with u 100% You never realize what u have until its gone. So when its there cherish and value every minute of it. You cant buy love or replace it!!

but ever so painful when you have been cheated out of it! that knight is out there for each one of us. admire & encourage those that are blessed in there relationships!

CoyoteGirl

Reaction score
Hmmm my guy... Brent...

I've never met anyone more supportive of me, my friends and my obsession (this sport). I've drug him all over the NW and BC to meet people (lots of guys) and ride with strangers that he embraces and makes buddies out of. He has yet to say no or I don't think you can do that, on the hill or off the hill. (he knows what's good for him! lol :p) We laugh very hard together, lots of time at each other but that's ok... it's laughter and it feels good. I've yet to meet anyone as giving or helpful, sincere and honest. A very patient man (has to be with me! lol:devildancing:). We are alike in that we feel life is made better by those who are in it (and vise versa) and so we do our best to keep good peeps around us.

And he takes good pictures too! :specool:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Behind every great women there is a great man....
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The above statement is false

Arlene is a great woman.....

I leave a lot to be desired.........

EDIT: Behind every great woman there is a nice bum...........:d

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in my case, thats right, my Daughter in law Lindsay can ride like the Boys, and if your close to her, you better have the face shield down...also dont try dragging her to bottom of a Meteor crater hole, see who is at the bottom?

Attachments

• Opa in the Hole Feb 21.jpg
    Opa in the Hole Feb 21.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 56

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
EDIT: Behind every great woman there is a nice bum...........:d[/QUOTE]

Unless you're Lex... she apparently is a bit half-azzed :eek: ;)

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's true!! Without that support and guidance from my significant other, I wouldn't be the person I am today!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE him!! We are a team in life, and definitely when we ride together. I am so glad that we have involved our two kids in the sport too, and I couldn't think of anything I would rather be doing than sledding with Eric and my kids!!:cheering:

Attachments

• DSC04717-1.jpg
    DSC04717-1.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC05273.jpg
    DSC05273.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 47

bengp1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know the pain man my fiance left me after i left for basic training two weeks after i destroyed my ankle and the same day my grandfather died it was the hardest day of my life but im coming through it with the help of family good friends and the odd beer here and there

kissmyass

Reaction score
if more men would understand the power of love an support there would be allot less sad people, having a man that loves you, there for you telling you can do or be anything speaks for its self...but then there are some that are to caught up in them self to see that there selfishness causes the one they love so much pain. i think everyman should read this thread and if you don't treat your women like this shame on you, you will be the one to lose in the end! for those of you that are being put first by your man i high five your men for treating you the way every women should be...just sayn i have been there and lost. it was not worth my being selfish to lose the one person that mattered the most!

Top Bottom