Bearing Buddy

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when i was talking to kelsey [ rk tech ] said it is just like puting a paper bag on a fat chick [ well thats nicer ] but is the same...

looks like it would work but if a belt goes it would take the tube off and also belt would get stuck in it [ its hard enough to get belt out with out it ]

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
when i was talking to kelsey [ rk tech ] said it is just like puting a paper bag on a fat chick [ well thats nicer ] but is the same...

looks like it would work but if a belt goes it would take the tube off and also belt would get stuck in it [ its hard enough to get belt out with out it ]

I don't really think the belt would be a issue. If the sled is clutched proper you just change the belt before it grenades. We have gotten over 3000 km on a belt. I think it's still better to get the grease to the bearing than not at all. A lot of guys say those bearings are dry at 25 to 3500 km.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't really think the belt would be a issue. If the sled is clutched proper you just change the belt before it grenades. We have gotten over 3000 km on a belt. I think it's still better to get the grease to the bearing than not at all. A lot of guys say those bearings are dry at 25 to 3500 km.
It's also very easy to POP out the pto seal and sqeeze some grease in. Also that way u can see the out side bearing too.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's also very easy to POP out the pto seal and sqeeze some grease in. Also that way u can see the out side bearing too.

hmm seem to know a guy who was to lazy to pry the seal out and put grease in the bearing, you know anyone who fits that description tex?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes but the bearing that went was an inside one..... if it didn't go before i rode it this year was a grease squeese and new seal

Top Bottom