Beacons

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which one is the best now? I was looking at the ORTOVOX S1 it's not cheap but has some nice features. Is it compatible with others? I have a SOS right now but it's about 10 years old now.

Thanks for the input.

wapos

Reaction score
I own a Pulse by baryvox, it is an amazing beacon, I have had it for three years. I got this beacon for work and it has become the standard for avi professionals over the past few years. It is simple to use, but will allow for more advanced users as well. To tell you the truth it won't matter what beacon you buy, its all about the amount of time you practice with it. As far as I know all of the new beacons are excellent. Just play with it before you have to use it.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Peips DSP are also regarded as being very good. Not as many finiky features. Just a solid, well rounded digital beacon.

I have one and love it.

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are they all compatible, I remember that some weren't years ago but I would think they are now.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are they all compatible, I remember that some weren't years ago but I would think they are now.

I believe they ALL are now. At least all of them in N.A, but I'm pretty sure it's a world wide thing now.

If you buy in N.A you won't have an issue.

Top Bottom