Be careful out there...Not always this lucky

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I thought so. Pretty nasty hill. I've learned my lesson the hard way, hopefully no one else has to do the same.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of these thoughts , without knowledge or prior experience in areas people should either stay off some of these hills or look to the riders with experience in those areas . And if you're going out there, have proper training, gear, knowledge, common sense and a healthy respect and fear of mother nature. And take the proper things with ya , like water, extra food, rope, first aid supplies, fire starter, condoms, etc etc.
We know the area we ride in and I can tell you which hills have slid , how often, where and which have never slid, just like maxwell says he knows which hills have slid often , he obviously knows which hills have never seen let go.
And if you choose to never climb, good on ya, me, I really like it. And Tex if all the hills you climb you go straight up, either your idea of hills is different than mine or you run about 500 HP, cause as was evidenced in the video, a lot of guys weren't able to climb straight up, and if messing up a turn out and planting it on a steep SAFE incline after maximizing your machines ability , or even if you make a good turn out under power doesn't get your adrenaline pumping, you're built different than me and a lot if my friends. And when you are successful , on a steep SAFE hill, I've watched a lotif knuckle dragging a$$kickin tough guys sit at the top workin the stones into position , to ride it back down, cause that ain't always boring either.
I listen to all the guys ranting about how one machine is totally dominant and was so much better than another machine, way better power better clutching, better track, better color better storage blah blah, then these same guys are the ones sayin they don't ever climb, with their 174 3 inch, lightweight new mountain sled, Well how the hell do you know it's better, cause all the tree ridin crap high lites the rider more than the sled. Where you guys like ridin, the trappers have been riding that stuff with their Bravo and Skandic for years, they work awesome in the trees checking the traps. And I hardly even look at most of the videos anymore cause if I see one more sled riding back and forth between the trees over and over, I'm gonna hurl, maxwell must know all the trees in his videos by name he runs over the same ones on every video, show us some hill climbing , SAFE, that's where you'll see whose HP is working whose clutching is weak, who just needs a little more sack.
And, I'm scared $hitless of avalanches, I don't take chances that I can control, I don't climb on a hill I'm wary of or have no knowledge, I don't climb or let anyone else climb over someone stuck. And yes , there is always a chance that the worst can happen, but if you take all the precautions you can, that's all you can do. Hell you guys that never stop deeking in and around trees, holy you could get your eye poked out or fall in a tree well or Bigfoot could grab ya, there danger everywhere.
And yeah I know it's not cool to say these things cause the old guys are so smart and run the show here, but tough, if you don't wanna climb don't, but if you enjoy it like I and I'm sure a lot of others do , to compare and compete and challenge yourself, then learn to do it safely and fly at it. If it's a cloudy day, we play in the trees , if it's a bluebird day we head above them, always keeping safety at the forefront of our minds. And for the guys saying point and shoot is boring, my thoughts, your hill is to small, cause its a he'll of a lot more of an adrenaline rush than seeing how close I can ride to every tree in the forest.
My thoughts ,, bash away.
Well Lenny, u can track that prick up all u want, have ur fun and take huge risks

I'll stay in the trees all safe, with epic deep snow and noooooo tracks

Thanks for ur cooperation

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like playing in the tree's and I like climbing.. I also like descending some stuff that is impossible to climb. Some days these slopes are stable and some days
they are not. Experience and Education are necessary to determine when you should go and when you shouldn't. Still its never 100% safe out there, thats
why it so important to be smart about it,,1 person on the hill at a time(so many people don't do this) and have a solid crew to spot you and too dig your azz out if chit goes south....

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone talks about the person on the hill but it's just as crazy to be sitting in the run out path looking up filming?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone talks about the person on the hill but it's just as crazy to be sitting in the run out path looking up filming?

To an extent. If your parked in the right direction with yor kill switch up your likely have a far better chance than the guy stuck on the hill.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also will tell you that I've had 2 friends killed in the trees by Avalanches on slopes no more than 150feet long,, You think tree riding is safer?? Nope not at all.....

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sitting in a run out path pulling yer pud isnt the best plan...lol

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem with that is now you're busy getting out of the way instead of paying attention to where your buddy gets buried.

Thanks Moyie but it's just a cluster phuck when chit goes side ways.
People not paying attention , not watching, not listening and then it's to late .

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Lenny, u can track that prick up all u want, have ur fun and take huge risks

I'll stay in the trees all safe, with epic deep snow and noooooo tracks

Thanks for ur cooperation

Where did you interpret I suggested riding on that hill, Read what I wrote, comment on that. I try to minimize risks always. And kinda tough to cooperate when you make comments based on lack of comprehension. And be aware, there's risk everywhere when you're messing with horsepower and speed .

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like maxwell and others have said, terrain traps at the bottom of slopes are something to be very aware of and avoid, and everyone needs to always be fully cognizant of where they are parked and waiting or watching .

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But there were all kinds of tracks already on the hill?

Perhaps they should call this bowl Danger Basin..

Twig, I think it's time that you get your group enrolled in some avalanche courses. Many basic things to learn.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whether you chose to poke at a hill or play in the trees, a Avy can happen in either if the slope is steep enough mind you.. Awareness and the ability to make the right decisions will get yah home. I know we have all made questionable decisions but with the amount of info out there and awareness, it's beyond me why someone would put themselves and their group at risk by climbing when there is someone stuck on the hill. Even the person who sidehilled at the highest point just put a fracture point on that hill, but guys kept climbing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom