BDX Pro-Lite Series Rear Bumper Kit

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey... Before purchasing this bumper kit, I searched all over trying to find some decent pics of this bumper kit on the 1M series chassis, with little luck. Here are a couple of before, during, and after pics of the install.

Let me know what you think.

tekim :D

Attachments

• DSC02434.jpg
    DSC02434.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0092.jpg
    IMG_0092.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0096.jpg
    IMG_0096.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0097.jpg
    IMG_0097.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0098.jpg
    IMG_0098.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 117

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After...

Attachments

• IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0292.JPG
    IMG_0292.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0290.jpg
    IMG_0290.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0309.jpg
    IMG_0309.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0310.jpg
    IMG_0310.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 123

CRASHMAN

Reaction score
hey mike darren here looks great what you have done ride much this year i didn't maybe next year only got to fire it up twice to load on trailer to have serviced and recalls done at don's speedpart suck's to be me !!!!talk to ya soon

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey mike darren here looks great what you have done ride much this year i didn't maybe next year only got to fire it up twice to load on trailer to have serviced and recalls done at don's speedpart suck's to be me !!!!talk to ya soon

Just once to McBride in November. Going to Revy next weekend with tayco.

:D:D:D

CRASHMAN

Reaction score
ride safe and have fun don't wreak it looks like you have spent some money on it better then having a new sled payment!!!!!

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
for all the research ive done to this kit
u should really pay attention to the tunnel lots and lots of people complained about the tunnel cracking and bending

sure love the look though nice sled

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u should really pay attention to the tunnel lots and lots of people complained about the tunnel cracking and bending

I had emailed them about that and they said that it was moreso for the M-series, not the 1M. Guess we'll see :D

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was the tunnel failing due to the gas can load on the rack ? Does it stiffen up the tunnel or just provide better rear foot rests ? It looks cool but not sure if it increases functionality or is it just for looks .

Last edited:

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice job ,how many hr's to do not counting the beers you had to drink in the coolers?

It didn't take too long. I was working on some other stuff as well, so I did it over a few days. I think that if a guy did it all at once, it would only take 1/2 day. The longest part of the job was to try and fab up an end for the tunnel; somewhere for the snowflap to rivet into.

Was the tunnel failing due to the gas can load on the rack ? Does it stiffen up the tunnel or just provide better rear foot rests ? It looks cool but not sure if it increases functionality or is it just for looks .

The tunnel wasn't failing from anything. I had some chitty foot rests on there from before, and wanted something a lot better, like on the 09-10 cats. It also makes the rear end of the tunnel a little narrower; the stock foot rail is cut off from going all the way to the back.

Plus I think it looks pretty cool. :rolleyes:

tekim :D

Last edited:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering how your's is holding up I bent mine second ride out on my m7 ended up having to mount the new arctic cat bumper on the back looks good

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering how your's is holding up I bent mine second ride out on my m7 ended up having to mount the new arctic cat bumper on the back looks good

Only been to the mountains once since I had it on, but seems to be holding up pretty well. I had heard that about the cracking, and asked the guys at BDX. They said that the tunnel-cracking issue seemed to be moreso on the M-series sleds.

You got any pics of the bumper on the M7?

Attachments

• P3130259 (Large).jpg
    P3130259 (Large).jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

POWSHREDDER69

Reaction score

put one on my cfr, they send tunnel braces that get riveted on the inside of the tunnell to eliminate bending, good product it really cleans up the back of the sled from that sh$%ty plastic bumper they had

Top Bottom