BCA or snowpulse??

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Been using BCA float for 3 years, have two of them.
Blow them at the beginning of each year to ensure they work. No problem to date.
Have not used them under "real avy situation" so who knows what will happen.
I too did not go into this purchase without informing myself.
I feel that a bag of any sort in an avy is worth having, assuming trees, rock or other stuff doesn't get you, then it gives you a chance.
I don't believe any of the avy bags are junk, there all good, it's a personal choice and I would not put one on my kids back and risk his life if I didn't believe.
Avoid Avalanche Traps
Alway Ride Prepared
Make Sure Your Buddies Are Trained
Have Safe Fun.

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is it for heat? I'm thinking of one, but worried I'd be too hot wearing it. I'm generally too warm just wearing a base layer and shell.

the 2 rides so far great...in fact i noticed it givin support as weird as this sounds. i wear my packs tight. in the spring it may be a bit warm...not sure. i will dress accordingly. we'll see. so far i love it.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the Float 30 your shovel is an a zippered outside compartment, the shovel end sticks out through a slot and the handle is in a sleeve on one side and the probe on the otherside. Both have quick straps holding a flap over them.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like the new Snowpulse vest and the capability to remove the airbag system and use just the backpack for those rides you know you're not in avy danger but still want the backpack. It's interesting that Snowpulse does not have the wrap around bags on the new models. Easier to pack too.
The biggest reason why I have a Snowpulse and not a BCA is because of the local dealer when they first launched. Checked out the bag at the sled show, phoned the dealer that the BCA rep provided to get on the order list and was told my name wasn't on their list when they went on the shelves.

Last edited:

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is what a Float 30 looks like with shovel and probe....

Attachments

• DSC05396.JPG
    DSC05396.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC05395.JPG
    DSC05395.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 115

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looked at the vest style the other day. Felt comfortable enough but wonder about the charge. Some say it will freeze where as the abs doesn't?

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They say a chance of freezing if the compressed air had moisture in it. Where as the abs uses nitrogen. Just trying to do my home work you know... Before I lay out a bunch of cash. Lol

Top Bottom