Bca bc link radio

Reaction score
You can use two. Radios from walmart, cdn tire etc same range,

I didn't mean to dismiss the suggestions sorry.... Thanks for pointing it out. For radios yes I'd only want two really... the other two would be "passengers" on the back. I'll have a look at CT as well.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We use BCA radios in the summer on quads and sxs.

In the tree's I would say 1 km to 1.5 km. On the open pipeline 3.0 km. We did a few tests

6 ft In the mud!!! good info on test, some of the ranges reported on gmrs radios are optimistic at best. but good to have.

Last edited:

Jason

Reaction score
I was just thinking of buying a couple Garmin rino 550 radios because of GPS, 2 way come and locate your buddy options. But after reading this thread I'm thinking a couple of these radios and a cheap GPS. What do you guys think?I like the idea of a usable mic with gloves in.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Scittyhep

Reaction score
I was just thinking of buying a couple Garmin rino 550 radios because of GPS, 2 way come and locate your buddy options. But after reading this thread I'm thinking a couple of these radios and a cheap GPS. What do you guys think?I like the idea of a usable mic with gloves in.

Rode with three friends with rhinos today. The cool feature of rhinos is being able to see where your buddies are. Downside is the convenience compared to the bc link. Which got us wondering is there a corded mic available for the rhino? That would be the ticket. Oh and non rechargeable batteries get costly with the rhinos.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We use BCA radios in the summer on quads and sxs.

In the tree's I would say 1 km to 1.5 km. On the open pipeline 3.0 km. We did a few tests

Ray, were you on a higher channel. I believe when your on a lower channel you have higher range. We were in Valemount last year with a few lost riders and we had no issue communicating for a few km with the bca radios.

Jason

Reaction score
Rode with three friends with rhinos today. The cool feature of rhinos is being able to see where your buddies are. Downside is the convenience compared to the bc link. Which got us wondering is there a corded mic available for the rhino? That would be the ticket. Oh and non rechargeable batteries get costly with the rhinos.
Thanks for the feedback. Thats kind of what I was thinking. I think I'll go with the bca.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Thats kind of what I was thinking. I think I'll go with the bca.

Best bang for money is the rhino

The new ones the inside battery will last for a while

It was the older rhinos like mine that used batteries like mad, unless u can plug in the cord and then run it off the machine

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aren't the rinos twice the price though?

Yes I guess, but add a good gps into the price

Best thing is the frs locate feature on the gps, where if they key the radio, they show up on the gps

For me that's worth gold

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

yes you can get a corded mic works real good.

Jason

Reaction score
Does the locate your buddy feature work the same distance as the radio range or does it work through actual GPS so range unlimited?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good point. You guys aren't making this easy. Lol

you may be able to find used on e-bay, kiji etc? as tex says for my money rhino's are the way to go. you can find rechargeable batteries, a bit pricey still. or you can get packs of AA or AAA for around $10-$12 or so. about 0.25 per battery or less, rhino 110-120-130 uses 3. the rino 520-530 radios are rechargeable, and you can also get a AA holder for backup! also the option of trail maps the rino 610-650-655 radios are touch screen, an update of the rino 520cx- 530hx radio's.
have you ever tried to follow someone else's directions? the rinos make life easier, but you need to use them lots to understand how to use them. my:twocents:

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Location is sent via the radio signal so the range would be about the same

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and if you really get good on the rino radio, it will show you the trail your bud took,

Top Bottom