BC govt going to make quad ins mandatory

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
agree with all of you just curious how many of us will get calls they found our machines now that they have to register it

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is probably due to not collecting the taxes on all you under ground Pot growers in BC. You quaders should petiton for this so they dont have to go after the quads.:cigar:

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cant see it working whos going to enforce it how many of you have been stoped while boating and asked to show your boaters card? really now i cant see it working and if it dose my quad may go to my cousins name in alberta and do it that way for cheaper insurance:d insured there dosent mean stay there:)

GWNBrute

Reaction score
It's not a bad thing IMO, now if your quad,sled,bike whatever gets stolen you will at least get something back weather its cash a new machine or yours back.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heres the thing in BC as it sits right now to insure your bike/quad /sled it is a but load of cash compared to alberta,for example my last quad a 2007 sportsman500 was 296 a year in alberta for full replacement even if the straps broke and rolled out the back of truck while transporting it in BC it was 1800.00 with a 1000 deducatable. thats the reason so many of us in BC dont run insurace its more then some of us pay to insure are cars and trucks. plus they want us to display the plates so that why all the leaf lickers can say this was the plate number of this guy on a quad that ran us off the trail and didnt slow down at all,or something along those lines. besides the BC goverment is so thight they will pass it but not enforce it no cops are going come in to some of the areas we ride they wouldnt make it lol they will stop everybody riding on FSR and around campstes thats about all they can enforce IMO:rant:

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should have your toys insured anyways EVERYTHING in my garage (that i own) is. Even my 85 pe 175 come on guys you paid all the money for toy why not a little extra to protect it when the bad happens to you.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont have mine insured ethier,over agrand a year,I am insured for FSR roads with $2000000 liability,its only around $120 a year,Instead of agrand a year basically for theft,if I crash I take responsability thats all part of the off road game,anyways I spent some extra money on security to make it very very hard to get and be alittle carefull,dont leave it out where people can see it.lots of people just leave them in there yard or carprt,the last one that I no of stolen here was at a campsite,he didnt think it needed to be locked up at night,wrong,mines parked as close to my bed as possible,locked and double wrapped with hd chain,some beercans behind the tires work good to the more noise they have to make the better,I have afew others ways at home but if I told ya Id have to kill ya.LOL:d

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put it this way when by sensor is tripped in my shed I am notifyed in the house and me and my shotgun are waiting when they somehow figuer out how it is locked up and get it free the end of a double barrell will normally win the dissucion:d

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have family in albreta that said just say it was a gift to them they insure it and I keep it here if need be. I looked at a company called capri and libailty insurace for the quad is around 120.00 for a year so if thats all I need thats fine. after all i only paid 700.00 for my quad i anit paying a grand to insure the thing so ICBC and give me 500 if it goses missing

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put it this way when by sensor is tripped in my shed I am notifyed in the house and me and my shotgun are waiting when they somehow figuer out how it is locked up and get it free the end of a double barrell will normally win the dissucion:d

This isn't against one person or all,.. BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[RANT]Too bad you will be put in jail as their is no property rights in Canada, read up on it. You are better off parking the atv IN YOUR HOUSE, IN YOUR BEDROOM !

IMO, people need to put up or shut up, time to start voicing your opinion,... its YOUR government voted BY THE PEOPLE!! PERIOD.
I didn't pay $12,000 for an atv/utv/sled/watercraft just so it can be stolen by some YAHOO from BC for their leisure.[/RANT]

Grizzly Adams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not bi@tchin about the insurance but, in over 20 years of sledding I've never been asked for any proof of ownership or ins, even tho I always have both with me. My point is, will this be enforced as the govt can't enforce most outdoor activities as it has no staff to do enforcement. Good idea in principle, but just an idea without enforcement.

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a guy who had a head on in Revelstoke. The guy at fault had no liability insurance and had to pay from his pocket to fly the driver and his sled out, and fix his sled. Good thing he didn't have to pay for lost wages seeing as how it was the slow season for the other sledder.

A person could be ruined financially for life by trying to save a couple of bucks.

Cheers

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

[RANT]Too bad you will be put in jail as their is no property rights in Canada, read up on it. You are better off parking the atv IN YOUR HOUSE, IN YOUR BEDROOM !

IMO, people need to put up or shut up, time to start voicing your opinion,... its YOUR government voted BY THE PEOPLE!! PERIOD.
I didn't pay $12,000 for an atv/utv/sled/watercraft just so it can be stolen by some YAHOO from BC for their leisure.[/RANT]

I wouldnt shoot the person but if you were looking down the wrong end of a gun I dont think you would mess with the guy and probaly put the quad back for him right. I am just saying it is bull sh%t. my quad is old and cost me like 700.00 dollors so the day I pay over a grand to insure the thing then have to pay close to a grand when and if it goses missing to get what maybe 500.00 back not going to happen. whats the goverment going to do take my quad still cheaper to but anthor old quad then insure the dam thing.and FYI I didnt vote for the people in power right now my vote didnt do a dam thing:)

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a guy who had a head on in Revelstoke. The guy at fault had no liability insurance and had to pay from his pocket to fly the driver and his sled out, and fix his sled. Good thing he didn't have to pay for lost wages seeing as how it was the slow season for the other sledder.

A person could be ruined financially for life by trying to save a couple of bucks.

Cheers

I dont know this guy but I was told that it is reasons like that that is way BC insurace is so much for rec vichle,sledders and quadders going into places they shouldnt be and wreaking their toys then insteed of paying the money to get it out like your frined did leave it trouch it it and sy it was stolen. I am not saying I dont going into some areas where it would be easy to do and get away with but the insurace rates will just keep going higher. I was in to onion lake a couple years back and there was a quad in the bottom of a canyon no way of riding it down or back out.....insurace probaly payed for thieift on that one

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mavrick, sorry if I wasn't clear. This took place in Revelstoke 3years ago, on the trail. The specifics I forget but goes something like this, buddy in a rush and going fast (not sure if heading in or out) and not staying on his side of the trail and for whatever the reason (corner?) drifts out and smokes a guy. Buddy knew he was in the wrong so he ante'd up right away.

My point being is there are a thousand things that can and do go wrong yearly sledding.

As a wise old pilot told me once "Pie plating me boy....cover your ----"

Cheers

"I dont know this guy but I was told that it is reasons like that that is way BC insurace is so much for rec vichle,sledders and quadders going into places they shouldnt be and wreaking their toys then insteed of paying the money to get it out like your frined did leave it trouch it it and sy it was stolen. I am not saying I dont going into some areas where it would be easy to do and get away with but the insurace rates will just keep going higher. I was in to onion lake a couple years back and there was a quad in the bottom of a canyon no way of riding it down or back out.....insurace probaly payed for thieift on that one""

Last edited by a moderator:

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So if all the stolen toys from Alberta are stolen by BCers,were do the stolin toys from B.C go.I never new us BCers were the only toy thiefs,hmmm intresting.

Top Bottom