BC Government orders elderly lady to release deer!

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is unbelievable! Yes keeping wild animals wild is right, but the Government missed this by only ten years!

Elderly lady (80+), sick deer, ten years in captivity....

"Government says no touching, no talking, no nothing, let it go" Sorry, I have had my dog for ten years and it ain't going nowhere!

"Government says a tethered deer (Tied up for you rednecks), could strangle itself" Holy sh*t I immediately untied my dog, horse and the kids four H calve, good thing the Government notified us of this potential hazard!

"Government says a neighbor reported the problem, this lady lives in the bush." She does not live in the city!

We can only hope that this exceptional Government employee is nominated for a Premier's award for the great service provided to the people of BC!

Government employee's name, Bimbo! And not after the Gene Autry song.

Simply amazing how we prioritize the important things in life.....

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw this on the news last night and it just makes me sick how facked up our society has become. The stupid environmental minister says she must let the animal go to the wild. Anyone with half a brain knows that deer would not last very long in wild AND the way that poor woman is attached to that deer I doubt she would last long either. Unbelievably stupid stupid.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is a touching story! Just leave the old gal and her deer alone! Fawk she aint hurting nobody. Just goes to show ya that even living isolated isn't chalked up to what it used to be. SICK SICK SICK how the Gov is stripping us of living life every day.... I love her COORS LITE REDNECK wind chime though. On a side note, if your dog is tied up on a chain, it too can stranigle itself if startled! Next thing you know, the Ministry will shoot the deer on her land in front of her too...

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why let it go? Is it hurting the 80 year old lady no! But it will hurt her if they force her to let it go. And that deer won't make the first day of hunting season it won't know to run.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is just another example of our wonderful government wasting our heard earned tax dollars. Doesn't the Ministry of Environment have other more pressing matters to attend to besides harassing a poor old lady and her pet deer? WOW. This deer is NOT wild. It has been domesticated for it's entire life, and now the ministry is stepping in 10 years later and demanding that the deer be released into the wild that would surely be its death sentence? WTF? To me it seems like our MOE lacks any common sense or logic....look at what they've done with the Caribou closures in this province...allowing heli-skiers into protected areas while sledders are to stay out. I am just really tired of our government either screwing things up....or sticking their noses where it doesn't belong, all on our dime. I think they need to get their priorities straight...and some sweet little old lady that happens to have a pet deer shouldn't be one of them. :(

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
If she untied that deer it would not go anywhere. That is it's home and it is not going to leave now. it is not going to run into the bush and be wild after all these years. Some people are so stupid.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
laws are laws.... no exceptions....

if they let her keep the deer every tree hugger in BC will want one....

there is no room for common sense in government

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This story is a bit wierd....

The deer sleeps in her bed with the dog, it's defenitly a pet....now the deer is pegnant?? and has cravings for chocolate....

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
laws are laws.... no exceptions....

if they let her keep the deer every tree hugger in BC will want one....

there is no room for common sense in government
Arphaned baby animals cost the gov't a lot of money to care for. Giving special permits to people who will care for these creatures is a win-win as I see it. My Dad worked for Fish and Wildlife his whole career....I remember having baby bears, moose, deer and even an owl in our yard/home while the gov't decided where the animals would go. Most went to zoos...

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Next it's gonna be Dog Fawks Deer, Deer Pregnant! Animal rights comes in makes a movie gives old lady royalties HAHAHAH

Top Bottom