Bc gold rush trail

PolarisHighlifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So seen a video on the Bc Gold Rush Trail and it looks like fun but I'm wondering if anyone has done it? any information would be much appreciated.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a friend of mine in his 60s has walked it 5 times. i was going to last June,but didnt, the wife wouldnt drive to other end of the trail to meet me in a week? wwill go with my friend next time.

xwChnYKo5CQAAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

Last edited:

Rkwhite

Reaction score
I know guys that rode from Westsyde in Kamloops all the way to Likely on Quesnel lake. I hear they want to extend the trail to Barkerville, if it hasn't already?

Reactions: RXN

shockman

Reaction score
Only place in BC snowmobiles are actually allowed to operate on a plowed FSR.

Don't think I would make that statement :>) We prefer to call them government groomed trails. A core group of guys have made the trip from Kamloops to Barkerville no less than 15 times, even as far as the Prince George clubhouse. Last year the trip was made with the BCSF and covered by Snow Goer Mag and T.V. Should be able to read about it on BCSF website. We do this trip almost every year and are always looking for more riders. The bigger the group the more the belly laughs, just bring a good attitude and strong liver :) Contact KTSA if interested

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't think I would make that statement

Well.......I didn't make it up.

Section 3 subsection 4 of the Forest Service Road Use Regulation:

(4) Despite subsections (1) to (3), snowmobiles that operate on the Gold Rush Snowmobile Trail may use plowed forest service roads, subject to:
(a) the driver's licence and insurance provisions in this regulation for other motor vehicles,
(b) the implementation of the safety and risk management plan for the trail, and
(c) the use of a helmet by the driver and passengers of the snowmobile.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't think I would make that statement :>) We prefer to call them government groomed trails. A core group of guys have made the trip from Kamloops to Barkerville no less than 15 times, even as far as the Prince George clubhouse. Last year the trip was made with the BCSF and covered by Snow Goer Mag and T.V. Should be able to read about it on BCSF website. We do this trip almost every year and are always looking for more riders. The bigger the group the more the belly laughs, just bring a good attitude and strong liver :) Contact KTSA if interested

Definitely interested. Sounds like a great trip. How many days is the run?

mermaid

Reaction score
I have made this trip with Shockman at least 13 times and it is always a week. Just to many pubs along the way.
It is a mix of trail, lake and road running with the Yanks Peak range to get over . Best time of the year is last week of Jan. or first of Feb.
You will need the road crossing permit on your plate and insurance, other then that just your gear.

Reactions: RXN

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have made this trip with Shockman at least 13 times and it is always a week. Just to many pubs along the way.
It is a mix of trail, lake and road running with the Yanks Peak range to get over . Best time of the year is last week of Jan. or first of Feb.
You will need the road crossing permit on your plate and insurance, other then that just your gear.

How do you get a road crossing permit? Just any registry?

Top Bottom