BC Boating ban, need everyones help!!

rampager

Reaction score
Hey guys sad to have to post this but would appreciate any and all support from all boaters.

Much as we seem to battle constantly in motortsports WildSight has petitioned the BC gov and Transport Canada to close a significant stretch of the Columbia river to powered vessels over 20HP. It really annoys me this seems to have almost been slipped under the radar but I don't think we as power boaters can sit back and give up. Please everyone take a few minutes to voice your opposition to this illogical and unreasonable proposal. The comment period has officially closed, and was woefully short in my opinion, but that doesn’t mean we can’t rattle cages in Ottawa. If this type of ban gets pushed through here powerboating can be at risk anywhere so please treat this as if it’s in your backyard because it well could be next

Another local boater has a web site set up which has a direct link to voice opposition:

Further and additional comments in opposition can be made directly to the Minister of transport:

marc.garneau@parl.gc.ca (The Honourable Marc Garneau - Minister of Transport)

Further a simple "no the HP limit should be stopped" vote in a local paper poll can be made here:

I really appreciate any help on this. This is a very slippery slope for the Canadian government to get into on this proposed ban as this river is travelled extremely infrequently by ANY user group, there most certainly are not enough encounters for there to be any conflict/safety concerns and there have been no studies on boating impact done. It seems all to be proposed on what "could" happen if traffic increases which is pretty ridiculous.

Thanks in advance

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You post this up on the mean chicken web site? You'll get a lot more coverage there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom