BBQ sauce cooked onto motor?!

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we went for a ride this past weekend and a buddy loaded up my muffpot with a steak sauce mixture. Well needless to say it leaked out onto the motor and 'cooked' onto it. Any suggestions as to the best way or product that I can use to get it off ?

hobiedude

Reaction score
I flipped the lid open once and "oh NO", I've got an oil leak. WTF. Oh wait its all good- its just sweet & sour sauce...

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually on a more serious note watch what you load in the muffpot and where it can drip, mine is right off the Y-pipe and I had a leak last year that kinda made me wonder about the autoignition temperature of sausage fat..

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we went for a ride this past weekend and a buddy loaded up my muffpot with a steak sauce mixture. Well needless to say it leaked out onto the motor and 'cooked' onto it. Any suggestions as to the best way or product that I can use to get it off ?

Hit it with a cleaner and wire brush if you can get at it. The wire brush should take it off quick. Otherwise pressure washer. The engine only runs around 100C so it shouldn't be "baked" on there crusty like the bottom of an oven. If its on the pipe then same deal, but it will take more elbow grease to get it off.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If its Bullseye it wont come off, with Kraft BBQ use a torch

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Apples have a detergent quality so pour some applesauce on the pipe and engine, add some oats and some caramel sauce and it will soften and come right off.....if anything, you have desert......;)

Top Bottom