BBB....Better Business Bureau

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Why is all the ATV/Snowmobile dealers not accredited by the BBB? Seams like they are to chicken to stand up to there actions. All if not most auto dealers are why not the avt/snowmobile guys, everyone talks about slimey cars saleman but what about the even slimier toy dealers

I did a quick check of the local dealers

Riverside Yamaha..... NO
Riverside Honda........YES
Alberta Cycle............NO
Cycle Works.............NO
Martin Equip.............NO
E&S Cycle................NO
Gibbons Motor Toys...NO
Scona Cycle............YES
Sherwood Honda.......NO
CARS......................NO
Coopers RV.............YES
Honda Extreme.........NO
Argyll Motor Sports...NO
Echo Cycle..............NO

Who do you complain too if you have a problem?...back to the dealer? most will tell you to pound sand. Think dealers should stand behind there actions.
Do a search for any business if they are accredited check there complaints they are ALL are resolved ATV AND SNOWMOBILE DEALERS ARE YOU LISTENING????

Please feel free to add more

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you not goto AMVIC with any issues? I know that any truck/car dealer never likes to hear that word.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you have any idea how the bbb operates apparently not

anybody can call in and ask questions about a business (whether there has been any complaints ) .... what do you get when you become a bbb member sfa ... they put a monthly add in the newspaper that nobody reads .... just because a business is not a member of the bbb doesnt mean they are not a great place to do business with .... most of them just look at the bbb as another cash grab that really does nothing for you
been there done that

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score

anybody can call in and ask questions about a business (whether there has been any complaints ) .... what do you get when you become a bbb member sfa ... they put a monthly add in the newspaper that nobody reads .... just because a business is not a member of the bbb doesnt mean they are not a great place to do business with .... most of them just look at the bbb as another cash grab that really does nothing for you
been there done that

Then why do some companies respect the BBB and want to maintain a perfect rating? and why are all the complaints resolved?? where else can you compain to a dealer where they will do something about?

Last edited:

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They why do some companies respect the BBB and want to maintain a perfect rating? and why are all the complaints resolved?? where else can you compain to a dealer where they will do something about?

lol phone the better business bureau and actually ask what they do ...... it doesnt make any difference if you are a member or not
all they want is the cash from businesses ... they are a waste of money
so what if a company can advertise they a a member of the bbb whoopie .... if someone has an issue with a business the bbb does sfa about just calls up asks about the complaint
and puts it in a file do you think it makes any difference whether someone is a member on the treatment they get from them .... no it doesnt ... they have no power to do anything ....... if someone calls in and asks about a certain place of business they can tell them .... its like job references ..... but having been involved with the bbb and seeing what a waste of money they are .... wont be signing up anytime soon

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
lol phone the better business bureau and actually ask what they do ...... It doesnt make any difference if you are a member or not
all they want is the cash from businesses ... They are a waste of money
so what if a company can advertise they a a member of the bbb whoopie .... If someone has an issue with a business the bbb does sfa about just calls up asks about the complaint
and puts it in a file do you think it makes any difference whether someone is a member on the treatment they get from them .... No it doesnt ... They have no power to do anything ....... If someone calls in and asks about a certain place of business they can tell them .... Its like job references ..... But having been involved with the bbb and seeing what a waste of money they are .... Wont be signing up anytime soon
i agree 100%........ We used to pay huge amounts of $$ to be a bbb member, but in the end, there is very little advantage to a business to belong..... We haven't been a member for many years, and it hasn't hurt us in the least.....

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

been there done that

No different than the Chamber of Commerce...
a waste of money and just a place for people to spend money on expensive seminars and dinners and mingle with the snobs of society !!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No different than the Chamber of Commerce...
a waste of money and just a place for people to spend money on expensive seminars and dinners and mingle with the snobs of society !!

BBB and chamber of commerce are only as good as their members. These sounds like the same excuses I hear alot of people use for not buying a trail pass or joining the local snowmobile clubs. If you don't like it, join and make a difference.

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BBB and chamber of commerce are only as good as their members. These sounds like the same excuses I hear alot of people use for not buying a trail pass or joining the local snowmobile clubs. If you don't like it, join and make a difference.

My grandfather, my father and I have been the longest standing member of the Chamber of Commerce for the last 85 years (we have the same exact name)
And we have always paid our dues.
All I am saying is that all I have ever received from them is a newsletter and a renewal form.
But I continue to be a member as a salute to my Grandfather.
I am also a member of the local snowmobile club
plus donated my land for the local club to have the snow drags a couple of years back...
and I always buy my trail pass and show my support.:confused:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My grandfather, my father and I have been the longest standing member of the Chamber of Commerce for the last 85 years (we have the same exact name)
And we have always paid our dues.
All I am saying is that all I have ever received from them is a newsletter and a renewal form.
But I continue to be a member as a salute to my Grandfather.
I am also a member of the local snowmobile club
plus donated my land for the local club to have the snow drags a couple of years back...
and I always buy my trail pass and show my support.:confused:

That's great, the community needs more of that kind of support, none of that came through in your previous post.

dlj

Reaction score
I had an issue once with a car dealer who was a member of the BBB. I went around and around and never got any where with the dealer so I tried lodging a complaint with the BBB. It was a complete waste of time and I might as well of talked to the rail road tracks for all the good it did. They where actually surprised that I would want to actually lodge a complaint, and they said all they do is keep it on record that they would not mediate or anything of that nature. So I figured okay I will at least lodge a complaint so other people can be made aware of the way these guys do business. When I checked back some time later to see if there had been any complaints lodged against this dealer they said there wasn't any?:confused:
So Mur if you need a sympathetic ear you might just as well talk :realmad:to me because it will do you about as good as the BBB.

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's great, the community needs more of that kind of support, none of that came through in your previous post.

Although I am a member of the Chamber I have never received any support or guidance from them other than the newsletter. The BBB I am not a member of and don't feel its worth the sticker in the window.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
For the record I have no complaints with a dealer one of my freinds has one and the stealer is telling him to pound sand....so where can he go????

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the record I have no complaints with a dealer one of my freinds has one and the stealer is telling him to pound sand....so where can he go????

I understand why you are being very vague. But without knowing the situation it is very hard to recommend what he should do.
If the dealer is stealing ? I would contact the police.
If he did not get what was agreed to within a deal I would contact the manufacture.
If its a warranty issue I would either try another supporting dealer or again the manufacture ?

dlj

Reaction score
From somebody who is usually on the other side dealing with a ticked off customer here is what I would do.
Warranty or not If your freind can't get anywhere with the dealer I would still contact the OEM. Their dealers are a direct reflection on their product and the way they support their product.
Most OEM's have a product support manager and they are usually in contact with the dealers on a regular basis.
No dealer wants to get a black eye from their OEM as it is a reflection on how they support the OEM as well.
Tell your freind good luck, and don't just let it go, write a letter to the OEM, and objectively explain the problem.
If that doesn't work there is always the satisfaction of spreading there name by word of mouth.

Gromit

Reaction score
Here's what CanLaw has to say about BBB's.

"A BBB cannot be objective if it is obtaining its income from the companies it "comments on."

"Your local BBB is a franchise run for profit. The people who take and assess complaints generally are minimum wagers or misguided volunteers who have no special skills, no special knowledge or training."

Most people think that BBB's are an arm of the government. They're not. They are franchises like McDonald's.

RIVERSIDE YAMAHA

Reaction score
Website
www.rideriverside.com
In this day and age, a customer can shop from many places. If a dealership won`t stand behind thier customer. Word spreads. I think you will find that most dealers with a long and positive history know this. That is the whole point in selling your dealership. It is not price alone that sells. It`s service, parts , accessories, and most importantly a little compassion for the guys keeping you in business. Your customer.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you not goto AMVIC with any issues? I know that any truck/car dealer never likes to hear that word.

unfortunatly amvic has nothing to do with the off road rated vehicles only automobiles , heavy duty trucks & trailes , rv manufacturers , basically anything you register for highway use

Top Bottom