Battery Drain

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

mikewayne

Reaction score
Website
www.usasuperbikes.com
Battery drain seems to be very tough to be located and plugged as there are many points that may cause battrie drain easily as there are many electrical's that when are supposed to be dead are actually seeking energy in some part even after the vehicle is not keyed in.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your onstar will pull a draw, not that much but will always be searching to tell you you've locked yourself in the truck.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A fuse labelled "Info" in the panel beside the door will kill the Onstar forever, lol. It just does not allow the system to boot up anymore. 25 ma is still a pretty good draw and I can see it killing it. My old 06 had dual batteries and of course GM has no isolator on factory installs between the two. So if one was weaker than the other they would essentially "fight" each other until they were both dead. On the 06 my main had a weak cell and it will kill the auxillary in no time. 2 brand new batteries solved that issue. My old 09 had its original battery pack it in with around 65000 kms on the truck which was just over a year time wise. Of course GM said the battery was good and load tested fine....... and wouldn't warranty it anyway regardless. I called bullch!t as the dealer is a bunch of useless weasels so just bought a new battery for the truck regardless. They always went for the phone booster and the GPS. However one new batter later voila..... all my dead in 2 days BS disappeared magically. So..... if one of the Optima's you put in is starting to weaken over the other that could be the problem.

May I suggest not Delco batteries either. I used to really have good luck with them but lately they just don't seem to last ( even in older vehicles as I own nothing newer than 2005). I don't know what brand is good per say but I am going a different route, lol.

Last edited:

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well a new set of batteries fixed her up! It sat for over a week than I went to drive it yesterday and she fired right up.
The only crappy thing about putting a new set of batteries in was that my Edge programmer would not program the ECM so I called them up told them the story and they told me I had 2 options get the truck towed into the dealer to get the ECM reflashed back to stock or pull the ECM out and mail it and the programmer to them.
So I got it towed, the nice thing was that they would cover up to $75 for tow job and up to $75 for re flash and they were able to update the programmer online.
So putting I'm new batteries could of potentially been a bit more expensive if they didn't cover those things

Top Bottom