Bars

Mackie 12

Reaction score
It is time to buy a new set of bars, any suggestions on brands or bends? i am leaning towards the "Pro Taper" with a Carmichael bend but i hear you have to cut a few inches of either side?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i bought a new pair of grips to. but yup its a sweeet setup

Is that an ATV bend? I run the Renthals and like them. The ATV bends will be a little higher, kind of llike Maxwells, whereas some of the other ones are a little lower. There are lots of different styles out there.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good question ill take a look. i just know they are pro tapers. you can see they also shoot out on an upward angle also. they have a it of flex to take those nasty hits a little easier too.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another vote for renthals, like mine and everything bolts right up, great bend and didn't need to cut anything on them, will post pics tonight...

sledneck48

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Runnin the the protapers on my sled but my vote goes for Tag metals brother has them on both his sled and dirtbike and they are super strong and pretty light 2 and are a bit narrower than my protapers but ya the protapers are really wide

spencerbdog

Reaction score
depends if you want a cross bar or none for cross bar i would stick with the pro taper on most the bar is also removable and they come a little long so you can cut them to whatever length you prefer, if you chose to go with none i would also say look into fly bars there a pretty sick setup

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been told by a fue friends that heated grips wont work on these is it true? they are sayin it's because the aluminum takes all the heat? I don't know

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been told by a fue friends that heated grips wont work on these is it true? they are sayin it's because the aluminum takes all the heat? I don't know

My heated grips work just fine.......

No, they're probably not as hot as the stock ones because the alum is more heat conductive, but they will keep your hands warm......knowing that my sled is 2 lbs lighter than with the heavy steel bars gives me all the warmth I need anyway... :)

You can always get some hand guards to keep things a little warmer as well. Sometimes on the really cold days you notice it more that your hands are up higher and more exposed, so they get colder faster. I think this is where a lot of the myth comes from, your hands are more exposed so they get colder faster, which seems like your heaters aren't working as good because your hands are colder.

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok so they don't work as good. I know after rideing all day and all ur gloves are wet heated grips sure are nice!(especialy when it's -30) I didn't have them on my last sled and there wer times I wished I Did. I have handgards but they only do so much. I just wanted to put that out there. but if they work ok than I gess thats good enuf.(burn ur hands on high anyhow)

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the ATV pro taper bend bars on my dirt bike and on my sled!(just ordered them for the sled today):d:d cant wait!

Justin:d

Top Bottom