Bargain Finder - Edmonton Sled Scams

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking at used sled prices on the Edmonton Bargain Finders online listings and found most look like a scam in the 2006 - 2009 Sled section.

Looks like it is time to start playing with these idiots and waste their time.

Here is an example:

Ad Details:
[media]http://media.buysell.com/userphotos/PA20091227/200912271502731.jpg[/media]

2006 YAMAHA APEX GT BENDER TURBO STAGE 2 190 TO 275 HP WHAT HAVE HAVE HERE TODAY IS A 2006 YAMAHA APEX GT LIMITED ADDITION SPRING ORDER ONLY! OVER 20 THOUSAND INVESTED,BENDER STAGE 2 INTERCOOLER WITH BLOW OFF VALVE TURBO 190 TO 275 HOLLY S**T HORSE POWER ! 9 POUNDS OF BOOST IS GOOD UP TO 210 HP ON PUMP GAS, OR ADD SOME RACE FUEL AND TURN IT UP TO 275 HP. TURBO HAS BEEN SET UP WITH A HIGH LOW SWITCH SO YOU CAN INCREASE OR DECREASE YOUR POWER WITH THE FLIP OF A SWITCH.THIS SLED IS 100% HOOKED UP WITH A MICRO BELMONT 4 POST CLUTCH (HEAL CLICKER WEIGHTS)AND A BENDER 2ND DAIRY CLUTCH KIT ,WAHL BROS ANTI RATCHET DRIVERS AN A INNOVATOR ADJUSTABLE COMPUTER,AIR FUEL GUAGE AS WELL AS A BOOST GUAGE. UNDERNEATH IT HAS A 1.45 LUG TRACK (NEVER BEEN PICKED ) WITH A HYGEAR REBUILT AND REVALVED REAR SHOCK.THE TURBO KIT HAS BEEN ON THE SLED SINCE NEW AND HAS 2039 TRUBBLE FREE MILES ON IT.AS YOU CAN SEE IT IS IN PERFECT CONDITION WITH OUT 1 FLAW IN IT. $3,100.00. obo.

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With all the people the are scamming couldn't they afford some sort of spellcheck? Idiots.

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I responded to on of the adds for more information and got the usual scam response below.

There are more of these scam adds on there than legitimate adds.

2006 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 HO Renegade X - CAD $2700‏
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: January 4, 2010 10:41:01 AM
To: ***@hotmail.com

Hello,

My unit is in great shape,no engine problems,clear title,damages or
hidden defects.It was always garaged and the price is CAD $2,700.

I`m a single mother with 2 children because i divorced with my husband and after the divorce i own this unit, i don`t need it and that`s why i`m selling it so cheap.

My unit is at the shipping company in Fort McMurray,Alberta.
I will use eBay`s protection program for our safety because I am affiliated there with a
protection account of $20000.I will send you the unit and you have 5 days inspection
period,before you decide to buy it.If for any reason you reject the unit I will pay the
shipping back to my location.
Here is how it will work:
1. First of all I will need the following details from you:
- Full Name
- Full Shipping Address
- Phone number

P.S. Please don`t forget to send me your info!

Best Regards !
Johanna Paz :)

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I forwarded one of them to an internet security police officer :) What loser's. The sled was in Montreal all ready to be shipped of course ...

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see lots of these, I always answer them and say that I live just down the road from them and they always come back with, well it is in holding already with a shipping company or that the sled is in another province/city. I always play with them to bug. enjoy...

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These scams are everywhere. Remember if it sounds to good to be true it probably is. Hold on to your money.

fordevr

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up. I got the same reply. Said I would meet them and then they wouldn't have to worry about "all" the potential buyers. Weird no reply yet.:d Thanks again.

fordevr

Reaction score
I reported it to BUYSELL and ebay. I spoke with a rep at ebay and they are aware of the ads as well. Hope they get the losers.:nono::rant::realmad:

Top Bottom