Bandit

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the little boat out for a ride today , beautiful day about 27 ish and blue skies. Haven't driven the Bandit since May and myself and 2 buddies boats leaving wednesday for Toad River. Gonna spend 3 days boating some of the rivers in that area, staying at a lodge in Toad River. Really looking forward to it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 373
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 352

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a great trip. Wednesday we stopped at the Sikanni and went up to the Sikanni Falls , about a 40 minute ride , falls are awesome . Then continued on to Toad River , stayed at a beautiful B & B for 4 nights . Put in the Toad the first day ran upstream right to its origin in Moose Lake , met a local fishing on the lake and he commented not a lot of boats come up thru the canyon into the lake , it was rocky and uphill for a bit but lots of water. On yhe way back down we went up the West Toad, wsy more challenging , narrow, fast fast water and lots of big rocks sharp corners , we went up quite a ways, it was getting narrower and ranker so we let common sense kick in and turned around . Was so marrow and fast we had a bit of a challenge getting turned around and it was a quick ride out of there. Spent next day hanging out , went up to Liard hot springs and dipped in the pools, then on to Coal River checked out Skooks Landing boat launch on the Liard, just below where the Kechicka runs in, stopped just below Skooks at Whirlpool Canyon on Liard , wow , scarey looking rapids , can't really imagine trying thise things . Back to Muncho Lake for a bakery treat , a stop at Smith River Falls then back to camp. Ladt day

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oops , sorry hit wrong button. Last day put into Toad again went downstream into the Racing River and down it quite a ways , probably about 20 miles short of where Racing dumps into Liard. Awesome trip. Gonna go again sometime and try a couple different rivers, lots to choose from. We took the small boats this time , we expected the water to be a lot lower overall but it worked out ok. The B & B was Stone Mountain Safari's , it was really nice very fair prices.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 278
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 274
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 279
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 279
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 297

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
K, guess i messed up my explanation. Last day we went downstream from Toad River on the Toad. I assumed that at the confluence of the Racing and the Toad that it became the Racing until the confluence of that and the Liard, not so , it remains the Toad . My mistake.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome! I seen your pictures made it to Facebook already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
15.5 ft 200 sport jet Built by Risley industries in Grande Prairie.

Same as the grey one with you? great looking little boats, I've been looking for something a little smaller with a windshield and tops... was thinking of an older scout or alberta special and overhaul it.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same as the grey one with you? great looking little boats, I've been looking for something a little smaller with a windshield and tops... was thinking of an older scout or alberta special and overhaul it.

Yep Ross's is the same, its newer and has a bit of an integrated swim deck, mine is plainer and straight cut flat on the stern.

Top Bottom