bait sleds working

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
At least they are trying to do something about it. It may make someone think twice before they take your sled. One thing to consider is that if there wasn't a market for stolen sleds/sled parts, there wouldn't be such a temptation to steel them.

Just another way in which we, the sledding community, are our own worst enemy.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2. I went vigilante on a dude I caught trying to steal the stereo in my truck. He wound up with a wired jaw and messed up right hand and I got 2 years probation and a record for assault causing bodily harm. Almost a 6 month jail sentence.
Only thing that saved me last yr from losing my sled on the way to Mcbride was the way i had it chained up, so the azzholes stole my seat and gas cap.... that was when i stopped in Lloyd for gas and eats.... Cops told me i was lucky they didn't get away with my sled. The girls behind the counter at Marten's North in Edmonton hooked me up so i wouldn't miss out on the trip... thanks

As for kicking the chit out of someone stealing you toys.... from experience don't do it.... most times the azzhats doing the crime can't pay for the legal process... so the cops will grab you and push you through the system cause if you've got the toys you can pay the system... i learnt the hard way...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2. I went vigilante on a dude I caught trying to steal the stereo in my truck. He wound up with a wired jaw and messed up right hand and I got 2 years probation and a record for assault causing bodily harm. Almost a 6 month jail sentence.
Thats bullchit IMO.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a few yrs ago a friend of mine a ex RCMP and successful business man had his quads stolen from his home here in Whitecourt. he caught the guy himself and tied em up and put him in his helicopter. blindfolded,he lifted off the ground a few feet and threantened to throw him out unless he told him where his quads were. he retrieved the quads and the thief went to local RCMP and had my friend charged....he spent a yr in jail. not the thief? so taking law into our own hands isnt good idea.
I also traded a car for a sled in Barrhead. 2 yrs later RCMP took it from me. showed them the bill of sale with the guys name and address. they said its a civil matter. take him to court. hes still driving my car and I lost the sled that I rebuilt. and I checked the serial no too with Registries and RCMP.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a few yrs ago a friend of mine a ex RCMP and successful business man had his quads stolen from his home here in Whitecourt. he caught the guy himself and tied em up and put him in his helicopter. blindfolded,he lifted off the ground a few feet and threantened to throw him out unless he told him where his quads were. he retrieved the quads and the thief went to local RCMP and had my friend charged....he spent a yr in jail. not the thief? so taking law into our own hands isnt good idea.
I also traded a car for a sled in Barrhead. 2 yrs later RCMP took it from me. showed them the bill of sale with the guys name and address. they said its a civil matter. take him to court. hes still driving my car and I lost the sled that I rebuilt. and I checked the serial no too with Registries and RCMP.
Seems to me the crooks have more rights than the victims these days. Time for a revamp of the legal system IMO.

Top Bottom