Backcountry Access Beacon Training Park - Quartz Creek - Golden, BC

coldsmoke

Reaction score
Word on the hill is that Backcountry Access is putting in a Backcountry Beacon Training Park near the cabin at Quartz Creek near Golden, BC. If you haven't seen/heard of one before, check it out!

Backcountry Access Beacon Training Parks (BTPs) are training systems created to make it easier for recreationists and pros to practice with their transceivers. It features 6-8 permanently buried transmitters wired to a central control panel. To change the scenario, just flick the on/off switches on the control panel. Instead of digging holes and reburying beacons all day, you spend your valuable time actually practicing with your transceiver.

Hangfire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.hngfiretraining.com
That's Right!!

I'm going to install it either wed or thursday this week. Just rounding up a couple volunteers to help dig some holes.
We at the Golden Snowmobile Club are very excited about this. We are the first club that we know of to have a beacon basin and I sure hope people use it like crazy, and also respect it. I'll be doing a short video about it when we put it in.
Also very excited to try it out with our first AST 1 course of the season on Dec 12/13.

here's to taking some steps in the right direction.

Ryan

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wicked stuff!

Hopefully people use it and take care of it. It's there for everybody's safety.

Top Bottom