Back up camera for 5th wheel trailers.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to put a camera on each side of the unit outside for backing up, one at the back and one in the garage to make sure the toys have not come free from the tie downs and are just flopping around. I talked to an RV tech about installing a system and YIKES. The one he talked about was thousands of bucks. He said it took him 20 hours to hard wire it in. Is there a wireless camera system that would be easy and cheap to install?

gdvross

Reaction score
Underdog have you been using the wireless Cab Cam with any success? We sell a lot of the hard wire set ups and people really like them but we do not push the wireless ones at all after we had some trouble with them.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Underdog have you been using the wireless Cab Cam with any success? We sell a lot of the hard wire set ups and people really like them but we do not push the wireless ones at all after we had some trouble with them.

We use the hard wire set up. They work awesome. I would like to put them on my super b trailers for loading canola.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a small one made by "Hidden Hitch" which is wireles but by the time its mounted to the back of my fifth wheel the signal is week and the screen is all distorted. Im curious on the wireless farmtronics set-up, they look pretty good.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried a couple different wireless setups....wasn't impressed at all. I ended up hardwiring a dual input 7" lcd monitor and 2 seperste cameras....one above the rear hitch, and one on the headache rack. I just toggle between the two on the monitor, it works awesome. All in it took around 4 hours to mount and install, and cost me around $100 shipped....gotta love Ebay.

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which one did you order? They have so many. I'm going to call these folks today and have a chat.

We went with the high res wireless camera. We didn't need a monitor as our stereo has a monitor. I think there sku number is 93111.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk 2

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went with the high res wireless camera. We didn't need a monitor as our stereo has a monitor. I think there sku number is 93111.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk 2

Ok thanks. Please keep up posted with the results after you get it up and running :)

Top Bottom