Back country snowmobile guide requirements?

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i am jsut wondering if any of you know what courses and stuff i would need to become a legit back country guide?

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
i am jsut wondering if any of you know what courses and stuff i would need to become a legit back country guide?

grade 12
avalanche training
first aid ie cpr
snowmobile/atv/horse training depending on your mode of transportation
bc resident

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard you need 100s of hours and there is a $h!t load of requirements plus you need major insurance.......someone dies in your hands you are going to get sued! just my 2 cents!

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A degree in adventure tourism would be a asset. Avy level above just beginner level,First aid,survival training,and insurance

Ask those Toby Creek guys or Curtis from Varda may know more. Curtis have friends that run a operation in Kimberly.

Get a job and gain some experience first. You may or may not like it

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a link to the gov't website with the details. Yep on the certification, insurance, and licensing, plus you have to have a Crown Land Tenure in place in BC.

Linky:

I've come across the list of all licensed operations in BC once upon a time, but the gov't changes the names and structure of the sectors like I change socks.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty sure toby creeks guides require level 1 avy industry training (1 week course), ofa level 1 first aid (2 week course), and a strong back to dig out noobs as a minimum just to take out group tours in the Paradise basin.

A few years guiding and probably level 2 industry avi training experience before you'll be taking any custom tours into the fun terrain like forester.

to do it on your own..... no idea

Top Bottom