AXYS Track Wear

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dealer told me that my track was wearing prematurely and tried to get warranty but as expected, Polaris denied the claim.

The problem is that Polaris has made some poor decisions when making the 2.6" and 3" tracks. They unclipped every second window and that combined with losing the outside guide nubs has allowed too much misalignment of these tracks. They also put the lugs under the unclipped windows so the load is transferred directly from the rubber to the hyfax and the rubber wears down until the track looses enough strength to break. (buddy broke his with more wear than mine). My 2015 does not have nearly as much wear as my 2016 and they both have around 2000 kms.

You can run your track banjo tight and this may help but I am now taking matters into my own hands. I will add 56 clips to the 163 track as the windows with clips look perfect. This will add 2 lbs.

Here is a picture of a track in worse shape than mine and a picture of the clips I will install.

Attachments

• 2016-04-19 09.55.58.jpg
    2016-04-19 09.55.58.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 628
  • 2016-04-01 15.11.56B.jpg
    2016-04-01 15.11.56B.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 647
Last edited:

jonw

Reaction score
My track as well as my 3 buddies all look similar to that picture. I switched my track to a 3 inch camoplast track since I didn't want mine to tear in a bad spot. Same as you I tried to get warrenty on my stock 2.6 track and it was denied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have a part number for the clips Chris? I will be doing this

012-0102 is the part number I am going with but you have many styles you can choose from.

About $130 for 60 to Calgary. I can order these for you if you need.

Chris

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's crap about the denied warranty yet again. If they don't design correctly and have issues then bloody hell man up and pay for the repairs

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they admit a design problem this will cost them millions $$$. It is easier to claim it is somehow the customers fault and change the design quietly over time. Part of my goal here is to get other guys to chime in if they too have problems so we can gauge really how serious this is. If everyone sees this problem and speaks up then Polaris will not be able to ignore it.

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they admit a design problem this will cost them millions $$$. It is easier to claim it is somehow the customers fault and change the design quietly over time. Part of my goal here is to get other guys to chime in if they too have problems so we can gauge really how serious this is. If everyone sees this problem and speaks up then Polaris will not be able to ignore it.
Rider safety!!

Ol' Skool

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any updates on this? Has anyone had a track that was covered by Polaris?

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
currently going thru this right now with Polaris. my 155 2.6 has some major wear on both sides. Polaris claims miss alignment but my dealer is working on it. Its not the track that is the problem its the new axys rail design where they removed some section between the wheel and the sliders causing the track to rub coming off the slider before it gets to the rear wheels. I have purchased the clips but am hoping to get a new track put on so I would prefer to clip the new one. Figgers crossed, may end up putting a camo extreme on instead.

Ol' Skool

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could it have something to do with the lack of bogey wheels on the Axys? I just picked up an Assault with the 155 x 2.6. I'm kind of nervous about it now. Has anyone had success with adding clips to slow the wear?

Chevra

Reaction score
Is this an issue with the 2.4" track on my SKS as well? Or just the brand new tracks?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this an issue with the 2.4" track on my SKS as well? Or just the brand new tracks?

There is a little bit of wear on my 2015 with th 2.4" track but not near what my 2.6" track as on my 2016. both have about same kilometerage.

Chevra

Reaction score
There is a little bit of wear on my 2015 with th 2.4" track but not near what my 2.6" track as on my 2016. both have about same kilometerage.

Okay I didnt think so. None of my buddies have had issues with there RMKs(2015 and down RMKs that is) but this thread had me worried haha. The 2.6" must have been an add on option for the SKS models? I see some have but mine is the old 2.4".

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could it have something to do with the lack of bogey wheels on the Axys? I just picked up an Assault with the 155 x 2.6. I'm kind of nervous about it now. Has anyone had success with adding clips to slow the wear?
I only had about 200kms on my assault then I read about the track wear.

$140, and a few beers with a buddy is cheap and delicious insurance.

Can loosen the track right off. Tip it on its side and use the rental tool from teth-air. Takes about an hour.

Be sure to align and tighten to spec.

No clips fell off the first ride! Haha.

taz1000

Reaction score
Mine 2016 RMK has the same problem had it to the dealer but Polaris Won't do anything blaming it on the operator I had lots of mountain sleds over the years this it the first one I have had track problems with mine is also losing lugs

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine 2016 RMK has the same problem had it to the dealer but Polaris Won't do anything blaming it on the operator I had lots of mountain sleds over the years this it the first one I have had track problems with mine is also losing lugs

Dealer told me if a track starts losing mutiple lugs it will be replaced. I haven't even got mine on the snow yet; but if I see track wear (guessing I will) then it will get clipped next summer.

Top Bottom