Axys SKS protection options

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picking up a new Axys SKS. Looking to see what everyone recommends for skid plate, front bumper protection. Just stick with the Polaris line? Extreme or Ultimate front bumper. Or what is a sturdy useful AM front bumper that will fit with Factory tarp.
Anything else I should grab right away when I pick the sled up? Belt, plugs, oil.

pics of your rides with bumpers would be great. Name of bumper & where you got it.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you preparing for the apocalypse? Mad Max scenario?

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, just looking for a better front bumper then that small little piece they have now.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You may want some Arm Candy braces too, $199/set.

They strengthen the weakest part of the lower arms.

Or be ready to put aftermarket arms on if you catch a rock.

I have some Skinz bumpers in stock too, windshield bags and 10.9 hard quickdrive bolts. Also roller bearings for the secondary clutch and durability shims for the primary. etc. etc. oh, and TKI belt drives.

Attachments

• 2016-02-01 19.28.38.jpg
    2016-02-01 19.28.38.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 252
  • 2016-02-02 08.31.06.jpg
    2016-02-02 08.31.06.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put on polaris bumpers, i would go with skinz, if i was to do it again, if the price was comparable too. The skid plate i went polaris, and only the small one, i would probably do the bigger one, after putting the small one on, just to cover up the exposed area in front of the track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Polaris stuff isn't too bad quality wise in my opinion, skinz makes a solid product as well. The rear bumper on the sks isn't carbon so will be much stronger. Unless you plan on doing some towing i wouldn't change it. One thing i have always disliked about bigger skid plates is they collect ice and snow too easy.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked at the skinz bumper & looks like a angled razer blade. Great for cutting down trees. I haul my sled on a deck & use factory tarp. Looking at all the bumpers I don't see how a factory tarp would fit or hold up to the sharp edges.

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked at the skinz bumper & looks like a angled razer blade. Great for cutting down trees. I haul my sled on a deck & use factory tarp. Looking at all the bumpers I don't see how a factory tarp would fit or hold up to the sharp edges.

Thats a good point and something to look at when selecting a bumper.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And do you have any bumper options Teth ??

So there are 3 Skinz verisons of bumpers so don't listen completely to Culvert. There are standard Skinz, Nxt Level and Burandt. I have several styles and colours. To start with black or white as the main colour?

please PM me so I won't miss your post

Chris

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mustve missed it too. Seemed like teth was just offering help and axys tips.

Neway, skinz nxtlvl are cool bumpers. Zbroz also makes a front bumper too i believe

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Polaris stuff isn't too bad quality wise in my opinion, skinz makes a solid product as well. The rear bumper on the sks isn't carbon so will be much stronger. Unless you plan on doing some towing i wouldn't change it. One thing i have always disliked about bigger skid plates is they collect ice and snow too easy.

I agree the Polaris stuff is well built, some of the skinz stuff I just like the looks of better. I agree also about tye snow and ice that a bigger plate holds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom