Axys 174

SUPERDUTY

Reaction score
So how is everyone liking the 174, how does it compare to the T3 174? I haven't seem many out in the hills yet, but it is still early I guess.

Last edited:

Tylerlub

Reaction score
Took mine out for the first time this weekend coming off a T3. Liked the axys they really did a good job with the fit and finish on the sled it comes with so many great accessories that I would never typically buy but thoroughly enjoyed like all the baggage compartments, gps on dash as well as tracking for max speed and rpm in gauge cluster (they really got a nice setup on that side of things). Also really loved the flat steering due to the more vertical steering post on the Polaris that was nice to go back to. Performance wise I found the axys good, rode with 2 guys I always ride with that have T3s still and was a small step behind them I would say but curious where it will end up once break in is over and start to get things really dialled in on suspension and clutching. The break in I found to be really excessive on the Polaris the exhaust was disturbingly saturated in oil but if it extends the life of the sled all good I guess. Other then that chassis was great I found it very smooth and very predictable for sidehilling and navigating terrain while climbing. The skidoo definitely had some fun parts I missed as well like the chaos of standing on its tail with the skis in the air with what felt like more power. Also miss the quickness and ease of quick clickers that was definitely a plus for skidoo.. The 16" wide track would have probably been nice this weekend in the meter deep snow as well. Lol. All in all they both definitely had there strong points but looking forward to getting more time on the seat and see what this Polaris can really do out there.

Merry Christmas!

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nice review Tyler. I was a little disappointing with the power of my Axys as well. Bottom and Mid range felt great but the top end felt a bit flat. After the 2 break in periods(2hr and 18hr) it gets much better. I have aslo found that a slightly stiffer secondary spring holds RPM better. ( 160-240 - black purple) along with a set of Derlin washers. After reading a bunch of reviews i bought a Jaws pipe. This is a MUST for any Axys, woke it right up. I paired it with an MBRP trail can and it sounds amazing. If its in the budget i would call Greg and get one. $500 Canadian plus shipping is very reasonable for a true 9 hp. RPM jumped form 8100-8150 to 8450-8500. It really likes to rev high with the pipe. Hope this helps, have a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year. Ride safe!

Tylerlub

Reaction score
Ya I got about 8hrs on it now and going for another trip tomorrow for a few days and then taking it in was actually going to try the power addiction head and adjustable weights. From what I hear that is supposed to wake it up some. Hopefully it's the way to go I strongly contemplated the pipe option as well but if you do both you have to do a programmer from what I understand so just stuck with the head, clutch and mbrp can combo. Thanks for the heads up on the clutching tho I want to try the get that and the skid figured out this trip before I do a week at grizzly lodge next trip.

Merry Christmas!

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Right on. Personally, i would leave the stock head on. Any more compression and you will have to probably mix fuel. Plus a head is more money. The Pipe is a 10 minute add on that really works. Just my 2 cents. Plus the pipe is a few pounds lighter.

Tylerlub

Reaction score
I'll look into that for sure. I personally never looked into the pipe at all yet so I will check it out. Never thought that you would have to run upgraded fuel with the head either but I'm definitely going to look into that because that would be a deal breaker!

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on. Personally, i would leave the stock head on. Any more compression and you will have to probably mix fuel. Plus a head is more money. The Pipe is a 10 minute add on that really works. Just my 2 cents. Plus the pipe is a few pounds lighter.

Easier to swap out a pipe than a head when you take your sled in for warranty service as well.

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the 174 has a couple little things that would wake it up a bit, I tried a little steeper helix and that helped lots, now I am goint to gear it up 1 tooth and I guarantee that will make a huge difference..the gearing with the straight 40 helix is a flat linear power curve, I feel it needs more load on the engine and it will spin the track faster.. but all in all a sweet chasis and sled..

Top Bottom