Axys 155 3" vs Axys 163 2.6

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a climbing you will get him for sure. In the trees, he will have a slight advantage. Rider skill dependent.

Jbgough123

Reaction score
I'd have to say the 2.6" between the rotating weight loss and dual derameter track you aren't ganing much if any track speed with the 3" even in deep powder compared to the 2.6" and i'll never go back to the chaincase setup after 2 seasons ago on my rev blowing the chaincase out the side and locking the track up in the mountains and having two sleds literally struggle to tow my sled out with a locked up track as far as they could and ended up having to come back in with parts to do trail side.....not after seeing my buddy on his 2014 pro rmk blowing a quick drive belt in close to the same spot last season and just changing it on the spot. no more chaincase fluid or mess or dealing with any of that jazz for me. The only way i would even entertain a 3" is if they can do it in a belt drive. i've even seen guys ride out on these quick drive setups with half the cogs missing and still make it home. with a good tensioner and proper break in these belts my dealer said are goign 5000+ miles for some people. even if every 2nd season i had to put one on I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

Pretty sure far as i heard and know the tracks are pretty much identicle minus the extra .4" and the 2.6" being dual derameter. I could maybe see a advantage if it was a softer less cut out deep snow powder track but the tracks on this polaris's are almost like hillcimb/comptetion tracks in stiffness compared to other brands tracks like my dad's new xm( track is so soft even new you can bend the lugs right back with a finger) Personally i like the stiffer lug track. There are always gonna be a few days of the year no matter what you have you're gonna get stuck but I can count on one hand how many of those day's we have were we live and coming from a 136 2" 600 ho track machine this 155 2.6" track to me is just a whole new level of crazyness.

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 163 2.6 axys track for sale. absolutely mint. One ride on it. asking $1000 2509616482

Top Bottom