axle info. 1997 US Cargo

gro4u

Reaction score
If anyone has one of these old 8.5 x 24 us cargo 4 place enclosed trailers, I would love to get the info off the axle tags. We have a trailers from which the axles were stolen (long story!). Anyhow, we can probably figure it out without any info but it would be nice to have the original info - especially the pitch of the torsion axles - to make sure it is as close to original as possible. US Cargo was not helpful at all - they don't have records to go with the VIN. :confused: Thanks to anyone that can help.

han solo

Reaction score
I have a 1996 Pace American, its 24ft. Might be the same as your's was. I know the brakes are Dexter, just replaced 1 set of shoes. Was repacking the wheel brgs. The trailer does have the torque flex axles. What kind of info are you looking for? I can have pics sent you if that helps. If there was any info on the axles its long gone from rocks, etc. I just got this trailer from Wa state, so dont know alot of its history.

gro4u

Reaction score
Thanks Han,
The angle of the torsion part of the axle is what I am wanting most. In other words, when the tires have no weight on them, what angle is the torsion axle at compared to the frame or the ground? actually, a picture would be awesome if it isn't too much trouble. I have to order the whole axle assembly and that is one of the specs they are asking about. I think everything else I can measure from the trailer itself.

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
(We have a trailers from which the axles were stolen (long story!). )

come on.............I want to hear the LONG STORY :)

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
(We have a trailers from which the axles were stolen (long story!).

I wannna hear the long story......................I wanna hear the long story
must be a good one :)

gro4u

Reaction score
So we're returning from holidays in Kelowna where we both sled and ski up at Big White. We decide to split the trip home by heading to Revelstoke for the night. about 11:30 pm just as I am heading down the last hill into Revy, I feel a massive whomp and then heavy dragging. I manage to get the expedition and trailer to the side of the road and stopped without losing control. I get out to look assuming the ball has come off or some other hitch related issue when I look at the trailer to find it has no tires wheels or axles. I stare like a deer caught in the headlights for a few seconds trying to figure out if I have entered an alternate reality. I look onto the hiway where one of the axles is laying. A semi goes by and manages to navigate around the axle. My wife has now joined me and we quickly run out to drag the axle off the hiway. We call a deck truck to come pick up the trailer but there is no room for the axles so we push them down into the ditch pretty much out of site so the tow truck guy can go back for them in the morning. He goes back in the morning and they are not there (at least that is his story). To this day I have no idea why or how the axles came off. The front one must have come off under braking and wiped out the back one too. I still remember just looking at the trailer and thinking "what the ...."!!!:eek:

gro4u

Reaction score
checked that out and the starting angle can a be a number of different degrees of 0 and so that is what I need to determine if possible.

han solo

Reaction score
Pm your e@mail address, then I can send you couple pics. I keep forgetting my angle finder from work. But with a protractor & ruler my appear to be around 20 degree from the axle, this is unloaded. I will try to remember it & measure it better.

Top Bottom