avgas blend?

millmonkey84

Reaction score
hey all i was just wondering what you guys all thought about blending avgas for a 2013 m8? The sled is stock with no mods at all, i am thinking about doing this to boost my octane levels as the fuel out here will sometimes be very old in the tank at the pumps. i was thinking about going with a 70/30 primium to avgas mix.

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im no mechanic or anythin but im fairly sure you wont gain much without having the right modification ie: high compression domes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would only mix in 5-10 litres a tank. There is no performance to be gained, you will possibly loose power. If your riding under 4000 feet I can see doing it of your worried about fuel quality. Above that I wouldn't bother personally.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100 Low Lead is the most common and often the only avgas available. Its name is a misnomer it is full of lead, considerable more then premium leaded gas formerly available for cars. When burnt in lower performance engines. lt will deposit wicked residue. So unless you have a good reason I would not recommend it.

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you may be better off adding a bit of race fuel if all ur worried about is bad fuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My spark plug used to get crusty running vp. Plugs stay nice and clean on 100 ll premium blend

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been adding a little to my stock 800, just as a bit of a safety net with unknowin pump gas. Sure runs nice, especially WFO. A little bit harder to start mind you, and the powervalves were pretty gross too. I chalked it up to oil, but maybe not??

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a pinch I've just used octane boost and regular 87 fuel in mine. I wouldn't be too worried about it but if you are then the av gas shouldn't hurt anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joe_Fehr

Reaction score
Ran a 50/50 blend for a weekend, took my sled into the dealer and both pistons scuffed on the exhaust side. Not sure if it was the avgas or other issues but I won't be burning more then 10% avgas in mine now.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Higher octane burns colder and creates less pipe heat. Power loss is the result. Your m8000 has a deto sensor which will let you know if you have bad gas. Go premium and ride the sled hard. It will be fine

Top Bottom