Avalanche Snow Packs

highmark

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has a avalanche airbag. I have seen many on the market, but anyone have any insight to which is the best bang for your buck? How about beacons....what is the best one for ease of use in a panic situation? Any feedback would be appreciated:)

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
I've got the ABS Avy Bag and the DTS Tracker. I took the Avy course using the Tracker ... like it a lot ... hope to never use the ABS pack!!!

bang.jpg

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i've got the ABS bag as well! 30L for me! also, i have the barryvox digital beacon! and i'm with todd, hope to NEVER have to use the bag! no matter the beacon, get a digital one, and practice with it! the DTS ones are very good and easy to use!

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BCA Float 30 pack on order, and Tracker DTS. Buy a digital beacon and practice, practice, practice with it. We have one person bury a beacon, and the rest of the group is called up to find it. It's an eye opener how long it takes, and your just practicing.

This drill takes a 1/2 hour. It could save your buddies life.

xpkiller

Reaction score
We do the same thing uturn. Practice burying 1, 2 and 3 beacons. Then going out bye yourself to find them, then with a group. Very different than we all thought it would be, much harder. But we practice lots and feel fairly confident with our knowledge now. Like others have said, go digital and pracitce lots

Top Bottom