Avalanche Skills Training - AST in the Valemount Area

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Howdy all,

I will be offering AST courses and hopefully mentorship days in the Valemount area this season

My desire is to work with and train small riding groups of 4-8 people (a few more if necessary to get all members of YOUR group) to encourage participation, fun and an effective learning environment. I truely believe that we need to learn and practice with the group we regularly ride with and that is my goal with offering these small sized courses. I am able to get away with doing so, by living in the area that I work in.

I still work a full time job, so scheduling long in advance is extremely important and the quantity of available courses will be quite limited.

For more information please pm me here or email frozenpirate@live.ca

Ride as a group, train as a group!

See you on the snow.

Curtis Pawliuk
CAA Professional Member

Attachments

• editIMG_0141.jpg
    editIMG_0141.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 516

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a 2 day certifiable Avalanche Skills Training course. The price for this course is $300pp and I can teach as little as 4. Its really all about training with the group you ride with.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All courses are based on the groups needs. Most choose to split class into two eveni g sessions then one full field day. Allows for more riding time.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Curtis. Is this something that we can do over a weekend?

I have this weekend open if you can put a group together...lol

Weekends can work if we plan it far enough out. What works best is splitting the classroom into two evening sessions fri/sat or sat/sun then do the field day on the sunday or Monday.

I can try to work with what works for you

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Curtis. I see there is quite a few courses in dec but I can't make any of them, do you have a schedule layed out for the new year?
Thx

Sent from my iPad using

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now this is back up to the top I am thinking maybe I might see if we can set something up. I have my ast1 which was taken two years ago. I have a buddy that needs to take it, I wouldn't mind a refresher and know some others that my be interested in doing a refresher also.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome folks. I don't have a set schedule as my goal was to train YOU AND YOUR RIDING GROUP and not put a bunch of strangers all together. This method allows for a much more relaxed learning atmosphere. If you want to talk about a course, please send me a pm and we can try to work out a date for you. Weekdays are the best for me of course and also seems to work well with people working shifts.

The option that seems the most popular is to break the classroom up into two evening sessions, then you still get to ride one day on your own between session then have the field day the following day. Makes for a sledding and a learning trip all in one.

Only need minimum of 4 but we can go as large as you want depending on your group size.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Opps I misunderstood. I'll try and get a crew together and get In touch with yah.

Sent from my iPad using

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The snowpack is a mixed bag this year folks. Be sure u know what u are riding on!

Get your group trained up with a personal AST1 course in the Valemount area.

Pm me for details and availability.

Merry Christmas!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

SummitX509

Reaction score
Is your AST1 part of Zacstracs?

I live for winter. Snow, snow, snow!!!!
2014 Summit X154
2007 Phazer MTX 154
Braaap!!!!!!

SummitX509

Reaction score
Thanks for accommodating my group for AST1. It will be a good day in the mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey curtis,
what if a guy doesnt have a group, unfortunatly i dont really know very many people who ride... usually when i go i either take myself up in hopes to meet somone to ride with or i got up with one of the two two people i know who already have training?

Top Bottom