avalanche fatalitys..Golden Feb 19

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
may gods strenght be with thoughs at this time. Very sad, my heart felt condolances

giddyup

ridindirtym3

Reaction score
Our thoughts and prayers are w/ the family and friends...

Oler - you and your fam needs anything give me a shout...

creepincat

Reaction score
I have never rode in the Mountains...sounds like it is quite the risk..my sincere condolences to all the families involved, I cant imagine what they must be going through.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Condolences to all parties involved, very sad news!...be careful out there.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Condolences to family and friends......... Oler: I've been there and wouldn't want to trade you for anything. Friggin' avy's..........my daughter is out in elkford without me for the first time in her life........... Has me worried sick. Jus sayin ............

not to worry Rich we got her back. Will tell the group about the Avy and the deaths. will have to keep an extra eye out.

condolences to thr familie and friends

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I heard these people were from Stettler,,,,,I lived there for 20 yrs...Can anyone confirm this????Worried now.....

Don't worry Ric,,,your daughter is being looked after...

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i am not sure what to say to this but i was one of the guys helping to dig the four out. The one i dug out survived. The other 3 did not as they were burried in over 1meter of snow. We did manage to get evyone recovered if you will. I cannot image the pain the one kid now has as one was a family member that passed. Myself i was out with my mom and da that day and it sends chills down my spin to think we left 10min before this thing let go. I would call it a class 3 or 4avy. 1meter deep and 500meters across. I got to say that i will really be rethinkin my appoarch of mountain sledding after this incident and my tools for recovery. Personally the image of those 3 guys and this event will be around for a while.Shovelling is the biggest thing here and u have no idea until you have done it.

For the guy who has made it, my condolences to you and your family. And if you need someone to ring up about this, feel free to give me a call.

Ps the bowl was the one where you travel to the east once through the trees. Then turn south. Up and over and down to the bottom. The north face from the bottom let go.

Way to keep your wits about you Chris. That is an image that will stay with you forever. Thankfully you were there and able to get one out that can live another day.

Last edited:

jhsummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.jhactivities.com
So i am not sure what to say to this but i was one of the guys helping to dig the four out. The one i dug out survived. The other 3 did not as they were burried in over 1meter of snow. We did manage to get evyone recovered if you will. I cannot image the pain the one kid now has as one was a family member that passed. Myself i was out with my mom and da that day and it sends chills down my spin to think we left 10min before this thing let go. I would call it a class 3 or 4avy. 1meter deep and 500meters across. I got to say that i will really be rethinkin my appoarch of mountain sledding after this incident and my tools for recovery. Personally the image of those 3 guys and this event will be around for a while.Shovelling is the biggest thing here and u have no idea until you have done it.

For the guy who has made it, my condolences to you and your family. And if you need someone to ring up about this, feel free to give me a call.

Ps the bowl was the one where you travel to the east once through the trees. Then turn south. Up and over and down to the bottom. The north face from the bottom let go.

I'm sure that this is very hard for you and it will be with you for some time. It is terrible that 3 people passed in this incident. But, it could have been 4 and because of your brave efforts a young man still has the rest of his life in front of him. Good for you for stepping up and saving a young mans life.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard these people were from Stettler,,,,,I lived there for 20 yrs...Can anyone confirm this????Worried now.....

Don't worry Ric,,,your daughter is being looked after...

Radio is saying their from Halkirk, my condolences to all involved.

Flange99

Reaction score
My regular riding buddies were part of the rescue/recovery group there. My thoughts are with them, as well as with the families and friends of the victims.

Top Bottom