Avalanche Fatality West of Revelstoke-Feb.14 2010

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunate news - we want to post this link as we expect similar conditions that resulted in this incident to continue through the weekend.

Avalanche Incident Report: 2/14/2010 : Bewes Creek / Crazy Creek area - Regional Discussion Forums

Canadian Avalanche Centre
Public Avalanche Forecasters

Deepest condolences. So sad on Valentines!!!:(

Heads up everyone, lots of avy advisories for the next while. No more tragidy.

The CAC is issuing a Special Public Avalanche Warning for the Columbias this weekend.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My condolences to all that knew the deceased.
I heard from a friend about this, but never saw it until this thread.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
I`m concerned about this wknd. conditions have been extreme for the last 2 days and now the report is high :confused:
Have seen and am hearing reports of slides in areas where people haven`t seen them before. The sounds of sleds are setting them off in some areas.

Stocky

Reaction score
Do yourselves a favor and take in the pubs of Revy!! It's not worth losing a life folks! Please be extra careful out there this weekend!:eek:

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will be going up to boulder today..Hopefully finding people with experience to ride with.. Will be riding VERY conservatively. Hope to have a fun safe day of riding in the flatts.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sounds of sleds are setting them off in some areas.

Not being a smart a$$, just informing, but technically, sounds of sleds won't set off an avalanche, according to the last avy course I took....

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
it has been proved that avys cant be caused by sounds of anything, seen it on myth busters and also read about a study about it,

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
That is what I have been told to, maybe the guy was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and it let go on it`s own :eek:. Lots of times the turbo`s make all the car alarms go off when they ride by, vibration?

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the exhaust on any mountain sled and you will realize there is a huge concusion comes out. Thus reason for a AVEY.

Top Bottom