avalanche course

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
echo marine in alberta beach usually hosts a course some time through out the winter give marlene a call next week 924 3255

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Google Zacs Tracks,they have them all over and I would recomend them as I took it and was very happy with it!
catmando!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I happen to know that on October 27 there is possibly going to be a 2 hour Zacs Tracs presentation in Spruce Grove. I have contact info if you want it. Here is what the presentation covers:

These 2 hour evening presentations will highlight tools, courses, and resources available through the Canadian Avalanche Centre. This includes appreciation for the value of the Public Avalanche Bulletins, On-line Learning Course, Trip Talk, Weather Products, Recreational and Professional Training programs, and the new AVALUATOR.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It is good information seminar but really dosnt do you a lot of good without the rest,the classroom is a good start but the on hill stuff is priceless.It opens your eyes when you are put in a real life simulation,It shows how important these course are and dont just do the classroom without the on hill course.It may save your life!.....Or mine!
catmando!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
It is good information seminar but really dosnt do you a lot of good without the rest,the classroom is a good start but the on hill stuff is priceless.It opens your eyes when you are put in a real life simulation,It shows how important these course are and dont just do the classroom without the on hill course.It may save your life!.....Or mine!
catmando!

Catman, can you speak from your experience last year as to how the course would have helped you that day compared to if you had not had the course? I mean the victim was not burried, but if you hadn't had the course would you have done anything differently?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great question and he was buried up to his neck with his sled on top of him which is almost as bad as it crushes the crap out of you and you have almost as hard of time breathing.I was the last one to the scene and the boys had him pretty much out by the time I showed up.They had the situaton completly under control and no input was needed.It is so important in my mind that one person takes control of the situation.This was considered a very small avy with one partial buriel which was fairly easy to resolve.Definatly an eye opener but I didnt have much input but seeing the incident was worth its wieght in gold.
catmando!
Deryl was fine but very sore from the impact!

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great question and he was buried up to his neck with his sled on top of him which is almost as bad as it crushes the crap out of you and you have almost as hard of time breathing.I was the last one to the scene and the boys had him pretty much out by the time I showed up.They had the situaton completly under control and no input was needed.It is so important in my mind that one person takes control of the situation.This was considered a very small avy with one partial buriel which was fairly easy to resolve.Definatly an eye opener but I didnt have much input but seeing the incident was worth its wieght in gold.
catmando!
Deryl was fine but very sore from the impact!

Still got the underwear framed on the wall.LOL..........I can say one thing I won't make a track on the mountain until I have that coarse done.Not just for myself but as well as for the fellow riders.If I would have been over 5 more feet I think things would have been a whole lot worse.To be able to read the hill and know how to use the equipment proper is number one in my books. Once again thanks to all that where there that day.

Top Bottom