Avalanche Beacon Course

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HI All

Tri-County is hosting another Avalanche Beacon Course

Date: Wednesday December 3, 2008
Time: 7:00pm to 9:30pm (be there by 6:30pm for registration)
Cost: $65/family

Online sign up at

Class limit is 40 so sign up early

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HI All

We I am happy to say that all the mountain sledders now have been trained in Avalanche Courses and Beacon useage - way to go guys....

The reason I say this is we offered an Avalanche Skills Traing course on October 29 with a free membership and free ASA Pass ($80.00 savings) and only had 23 people take the course

We then offered the Beacon Training Seminar to hold 40 people for December 3 and no one has registered for it... it is now cancelled.

So I guess it is correct to assume everyone is now educated on Mountain Riding and Avalanche Safety...

We are hosting one final Avalanche Skills Training Course on Jan 13 & 14, 2009 in Leduc at the Ramada Inn in Leduc.

If interested please

Zacs

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.zacstracs.com
HI All

We I am happy to say that all the mountain sledders now have been trained in Avalanche Courses and Beacon useage - way to go guys....

The reason I say this is we offered an Avalanche Skills Traing course on October 29 with a free membership and free ASA Pass ($80.00 savings) and only had 23 people take the course

We then offered the Beacon Training Seminar to hold 40 people for December 3 and no one has registered for it... it is now cancelled.

So I guess it is correct to assume everyone is now educated on Mountain Riding and Avalanche Safety...

We are hosting one final Avalanche Skills Training Course on Jan 13 & 14, 2009 in Leduc at the Ramada Inn in Leduc.

If interested please

LOL It is a funny year though. Usually more than 50% of our courses are delivered to riders from the Red Deer area and north. This season the interest seems to have shifted to custom classes in southern Alberta and Saskatchewan. Everytime I think that I have created a workable schedule the rules change! Oh well, I guess it keeps things interesting.

We have made a whack of changes to the 2008-09 schedule so please take another look if you or your riding buddies are ready to learn:
- 4 persistent weak layers and what you can do to avoid them
- why all hoars are bad, even the pretty ones :rolleyes:
- why your long time local knowledge of a riding area isn't always enough to keep you safe :confused:
- free sources to gather and build your avy knowledge and experience :cool:
- why the blueprint changes season to season and day to day
- why rocks and trees are like icebergs
- eight killer terrain features :fear:
- the 5 most important questions to ask when organizing a rescue
- how to properly use an avalanche probe (no, I will not be quoting Cartman from Southpark but what I show you will probably surprise you :trustme: )
- who in your riding group is an asset and who is a liability
- and of course, how to use that beacon hanging around your neck.

All beacons have unique features and limitations. Learn the tips and tricks related to your unit. You aren't just trying to locate a target, you are trying to save someone's life. Minutes and even seconds count. Why not be prepared. 'If only I had...' would suck to say. :shrug:
Take care guys. Maybe we'll run into some of you in the big hills. Let it snow! Lori Z.
I had a little fun with smilies today. Usually I don't use 'em! :d

If you are interested, follow this link to read what past students have said about Zac's avalanche training programs

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last chance for your local Avalanche Course in Leduc

January 13 & 14, 2009

To register go to
See you there

Top Bottom