Avalanche Air Bag

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use a snowpulse, cannister uses air for filling. which can be filled at a lot of areas in the province. it also is designed to protect your head and neck when tumbling in an avi. the bca bag would be worth looking into, as it also uses air and is cheaper, the abs also works, only i think you still have to send the canister out to get filled, really doesn't matter. get one and use it.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
ABS all the way.
I heard search and rescue brought down a snopulse bag from the bottom of turbo after this weekend and the straps were ripped off. The guy who told me couldn't believe it. A large avalanche has extreme force and you are going to want your gear to stand up.

Guest101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowpulse hands down!! Best on the market

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you exchange the cannisters for $50 at any dealer.

Cheaper then that now I believe. 24$ rings a bell.

I ride with a ABS as well. Do your homework with either decision, but history counts big in my books. Lots of testing and third party testing.

reg28

Reaction score
I have an ABS 30 and am happy. I've never had to pull the trigger on the mountain yet!

big_red1a

Reaction score
BCA cost $5.50 to refill with compressed air, like a paint ball cylinder. Price is going up $200 next year

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing to consider is what the airbag is filled with. One of the features that iu really like about the float 30 is that it's filled with compressed air. So in a worst case scenario you get buried and as the bag starts to deflate on it's own it'll release air that you can breathe that can greatly increase your chances of coming out alive, as it gives your buddies more time in there rescue efforts. Just my thoughts.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing to consider is what the airbag is filled with. One of the features that iu really like about the float 30 is that it's filled with compressed air. So in a worst case scenario you get buried and as the bag starts to deflate on it's own it'll release air that you can breathe that can greatly increase your chances of coming out alive, as it gives your buddies more time in there rescue efforts. Just my thoughts.

Have you deployed your bag?

I've heard the floats don't decompress very quickly and aren't designed to act in this manor.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I ride with a Vario 30 ABS that's 3/4 full of survival gear. Couldn't fit all the requirements in a 15l.

Red Mtn Riders

Reaction score
I have had the ABS for five years now. At the time it was the only game in town. I still think it is the best for a couple reasons. It is filled with nitrogen. The reason for this is that nitrogen is more reliable than regular air in cold weather. Since I mostly ride during the winter, I figured this was a plus:rolleyes:

The ABS pack uses two chambers instead of one. Puncturing one in avy debris leave one inflated, the other bags only have a single chamber.

I already wear head protection, the silly bag isn't nearly as tough as my helmet.

No matter which bag deflates after a slide, it will leave air space, you are not going to be breathing out of the bag itself.

The ABS pack has been proven in the field for over a decade to be 98% effective in preventing burials. Why would anyone look anywhere else with stats like that? To save money on a life saving device?

They are "probably" all good products.:)

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been wearing ABS Freeride for 5 yrs. ,saved my butt April 12/ 2008.Three seconds after I deployed the pack I was knocked out,so be sure to pull the trigger first thing!

Have a safe WINTER!

Top Bottom