Av Gas $$$

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody buy av gas lately? What prices is everyone seeing and where?

I paid $2.03/l +GST in Okotoks. I think I got hosed.

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm I wonder where you can get it in vale?

Sent from my iPhone while drinkin a bud light

burnt toast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here in Lloyd I was told $40 a jerry can. So $2L. The av gas pump is privately owned at the airport I believe. He charges by the jerry can only.

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
That sounds bogus man. I'm a pilot and if I landed in Lloyd and wanted to fuel up I'd never pay by the Jerry can. The guy should charge you by the liter. By the Jerry is BS planes don't carry gas cans they just fill up their tanks.

Last edited:

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sounds bogus man. I'm a pilot and if I landed in Lloyd and wanted to fuel up I'd never pay by the Jerry can. The guy should charge you by the liter. By the Jerry is BS planes don't carry gas cans they just fill up their tanks.

I'm guessing if you show up with a jerry can it's a flat rate. Better bring a big one.

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
I'm guessing if you show up with a jerry can it's a flat rate. Better bring a big one.

Lmao!
Sounds like this is some D-bag taking advantage of people that don't know how buying AV gas works. Most airports are just credit card swipe machines, so really anyone that pulls up to the pumps fuel up at those airports. Bonnyville is like this. Others are still set up with a lock and you have to call someone to unlock the pump. Then it's just an old gas pump that, like any other pump, measures in liters. Then the guy would tell you how much a liter it is and you leave them cash or a check.
Any airport that has AV gas sells fuel by the liter lol

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can I run that in my stock sled if I can get get cheaper than premium. Or mix it with reg.

There's no benefit if you don't need the higher octane. It would have to be significantly cheaper than premium to be worth the hassle unless you live next door to an air strip with a pump.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody buy av gas lately? What prices is everyone seeing and where?

I paid $2.03/l +GST in Okotoks. I think I got hosed.
It was $1.75 - $1.90 last winter if I remember right, sounds like its on par with prices this year. Depends on how much you need to buy. If you are buying it now for sledding season, it will just deteriorate, I would wait at least a month or until there is enough snow to actually go riding. and I hate to be that guy but......you gotta pay to play unfortunately. I tried to get away from AV but premium in BC just ain't that much cheaper for 94 octane right now, and for $2/L you can blend av with reg. There are not too many places that will let you buy Av right from the pump like Okotoks. If you need large amounts of it, you will get a cheaper rate going bulk for sure but then you gotta store it and keep it sealed etc.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was $1.75 - $1.90 last winter if I remember right, sounds like its on par with prices this year. Depends on how much you need to buy. If you are buying it now for sledding season, it will just deteriorate, I would wait at least a month or until there is enough snow to actually go riding. and I hate to be that guy but......you gotta pay to play unfortunately. I tried to get away from AV but premium in BC just ain't that much cheaper for 94 octane right now, and for $2/L you can blend av with reg. There are not too many places that will let you buy Av right from the pump like Okotoks. If you need large amounts of it, you will get a cheaper rate going bulk for sure but then you gotta store it and keep it sealed etc.
I think I'm gonna go to the Calgary Flying Club at Springbank, there's a self serve bank machine there for credit card. I've helped fill up a planes there before, figured I'd give it a go with jerry cans....

Top Bottom